1 Reply Latest reply on May 16, 2017 1:27 PM by mdtaylor

TNS listener Remote Poisoning @ APPS listener

muba_zak

Dear All,

For the threat TNS listener Remote Poisoning we already applied patch P12880299 & set SECURE_REGISTER_LISTENER_PROD = (TCP) , or all listener.ora file

Network security department found same TNS listener Remote Poisoning threat on our e-business Application server also.

in e-business application server we have APPS listener.

do we need to apply the same patch for the application server also?

I believe this is already fixed for 12c database. so i don't need to do for 12c database server

please clarify my doubts

Thanks & Regards,

Muba.

• 1. Re: TNS listener Remote Poisoning @ APPS listener
          mdtaylor

12880299 would only be applicable to your database Oracle Home.  It was only released for 10.2 and above, and I can find no article that discusses it in relation to EBS/R12, so you would not have to apply it to the appTier.

I am not sure what version you are on, but the latest technology patch list for 12.2 is in the following doc:

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2: Consolidated List of Patches and Technology Bug Fixes (Doc ID 1594274.1)

The latest April 2017 Critical Patch Update doc has all of consolidated security patches required for EBS.

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 Critical Patch Update Knowledge Document (April 2017) (Doc ID 2241313.1)