4 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2017 2:55 PM by sai kiran t

OBIEE12c : Groups Page doesnt open

sai kiran t

Hi ,

Iam trying to open Groups tab in the path:  Home >Summary of Security Realms >myrealm >Users and Groups

Users tab opens without any issue but when I click on Groups tab it keeps on loading but never page opens?

Any idea why this is happening!!

Thanks

• 1. Re: OBIEE12c : Groups Page doesnt open
          Christian Berg

1.) Which precise version of "12c"?

2.) Have you checked MOS for whether you're hitting a known bug?

3.) You're not really providing any information (How To Ask Questions The Smart Way ) so how is your security realm actually set up? Where are those groups supposed to come from? Multiple security providers?

4.) If you're parsing multiple security providers - are you doing vast, unspecific queries against groups in the attached LDAP (or MSAD or whatever) over deep nested structures?

5.) Have you already upped the logging to see the queries which are fired off against any connected security provider? Advisor Webcast Troubleshooting OBIEE Login Issues

• 2. Re: OBIEE12c : Groups Page doesnt open
            sai kiran t

1.) Which precise version of "12c"?

Oracle Business Intelligence 12.2.1.2.0

2.) Have you checked MOS for whether you're hitting a known bug?

Not yet

3.) You're not really providing any information (How To Ask Questions The Smart Way ) so how is your security realm actually set up? Where are those groups supposed to come from? Multiple security providers?

We have Multiple Security Providers  one is LDAP & other is Storing Groups in a Database

4.) If you're parsing multiple security providers - are you doing vast, unspecific queries against groups in the attached LDAP (or MSAD or whatever) over deep nested structures?

not sure how to check this one

5.) Have you already upped the logging to see the queries which are fired off against any connected security provider? Advisor Webcast Troubleshooting OBIEE Login Issues

• 3. Re: OBIEE12c : Groups Page doesnt open
              Christian Berg

sai kiran t wrote:

...by following what I mentioned in point 5

sai kiran t wrote:

This IS how you check things...

• 4. Re: OBIEE12c : Groups Page doesnt open
                sai kiran t

When i clicked on link this is the issue:

Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.

But your points did help me in identifying the issue. Under Groups tab "Customize this table "

When i changed this os DefaultAuthenticator or others it was loading fine.