0 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2017 2:33 PM by cflorindo

Error - Executing loaddata.sh using SYNC as SYNC_MODE

cflorindo

Hello everyone!

I am using FDMEE (11.1.2.4.703.0123)  to read data from an Oracle Database to an Hyperion Application (in a Unix environment).

We want to automate this by using the loaddata.sh script, provided by the FDMEE application itself, to execute data load rules from FDMEE.

We also want to be able to tell when the rule execution has ended, to be able to execute another one or just timestamp the end of the execution.

Running those data load rules in the workbench or the execute button in the FDMEE Workflow menu works fine.

The specific problem I'm facing is using the SYNC_MODE argument in the loaddata.sh execution:

- using ASYNC works fine, for the asynchronous execution (what we don't want)

- using SYNC gives me an error, for the synchronous execution, which waits for the end of the rule execution (what we want).

From my tests I understood that the import part works OK with SYNC, and the error only occurs on the export part using SYNC.

That is why I separated the call in two parts (import and export).

Furthermore, it seems the execution from the web interface using the execute button runs in ASYNC mode (considering it tells me the request was submitted).

From the workbench I can run the data load rule in either online mode and offline mode, and it works OK (both the import and export part).

So I'm not really able to reproduce the error in the web interface...

Can you help me understand what is the error and how to correct it?

Below is some more technical details.

Thank You!

Execution of the loaddata.sh:

$EPM_FDMEE_SCRIPTS_DIR/loaddata.sh PCO pco $RULE Y N STORE_DATA Snapshot N $AUX_INI_PERIOD $AUX_END_PERIOD SYNC | tee -a $LOGFILE

$EPM_FDMEE_SCRIPTS_DIR/loaddata.sh PCO pco $RULE N Y STORE_DATA Snapshot N $AUX_INI_PERIOD $AUX_END_PERIOD SYNC | tee -a $LOGFILE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sh LOGFILE:

Number of arguments: 12

Argument 0: loaddata

Argument 1: PCO

Argument 2: pco

Argument 3: PCO_INDX_DLR

Argument 4: Y

Argument 5: N

Argument 6: STORE_DATA

Argument 7: Snapshot

Argument 8: N

Argument 9: Jan-15

Argument 10: Dec-15

Argument 11: SYNC

EPMFDM-140173:Rule execution completed successfully.

Number of arguments: 12

Argument 0: loaddata

Argument 1: PCO

Argument 2: pco

Argument 3: PCO_INDX_DLR

Argument 4: N

Argument 5: Y

Argument 6: STORE_DATA

Argument 7: Snapshot

Argument 8: N

Argument 9: Jan-15

Argument 10: Dec-15

Argument 11: SYNC

EPMFDM-140175:Error encountered while invoking 'Load Data'.EPMFDM-140180:Error encountered while executing ODI process.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FDMEE Log:

2017-05-17 12:44:25,447 ERROR [AIF]: Cannot calculate file. Essbase Error(1014031): Essbase could not get a lock in the specified time.

2017-05-17 12:44:25,461 FATAL [AIF]: Error in CommData.loadData

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 4714, in loadData

RuntimeError: false

2017-05-17 12:44:25,746 FATAL [AIF]: Error in COMM Load Data

ODI Log: https://pastebin.com/kGxePscK