9 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2017 5:09 PM by 1022102

Writeback rule migration from 11.1.2.3 to 11.1.2.4

Hi,

We have migrated from 11.1.2.3 to 11.1.2.4 .Now we noticed that as we don't have the write back feature anymore , we have lost our write back rules.

Can anyone help me to understand how to recover/recreate them ? D I need to start it all again starting with creating a new import format or is there any other way?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Writeback rule migration from 11.1.2.3 to 11.1.2.4
          JohnGoodwin

"Write-back related setups are converted to a standard data load setup as part of the upgrade process." - Readme

Cheers

John

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Writeback rule migration from 11.1.2.3 to 11.1.2.4

Thank you very much John for your prompt reply .

Yes I was reading documents that now the write back has been merged into standard process.

So Should I follow below steps in my case ?

1. Create a new Import format(Source EPM and Target ERP) and define the mappings in import format

2. Create Data load Mappings and a new data load rule with Source filter Options & Target options.

At the backend which table I need to see after Import is done "AIF_WRITEBACK_ESS_DATA_T"?? or any other table??

Thanks

• 3. Re: Writeback rule migration from 11.1.2.3 to 11.1.2.4
              JohnGoodwin

I am not sure how your upgrade has been done but if it was just a migration and not an upgrade then you will probably need to create new import formats locations, rules etc for the writeback.

You shouldn't need to be looking in the tables

• 4. Re: Writeback rule migration from 11.1.2.3 to 11.1.2.4

This is an upgrade from 11.1.2.3 to 11.1.2.4 .As per below statement  it says that it is the part of the process but we couldn't see anything newly created for these writeback rules.

Write-back related setups are converted to a standard data load setup as part of the upgrade process.  New import formats, locations, and data rules are created as part of the process. Review the newly created setups, and make sure they match the previous setups

I need to know the table which will get affected in this new rule as We are using the table in an ODI package to process a file and email it to someone .Because now it is merged to standard process the table name would be TDATASEG_T???

Thanks

Rachna

• 5. Re: Writeback rule migration from 11.1.2.3 to 11.1.2.4

Hi JOhn,

I have created new import format Mapping an data load rules for write back . Data is importing in staging . Validating but while exporting to Peoplesoft it is throwing below error message

Error in CommData.insertExpToERPProcessDetails

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 5474, in insertExpToERPProcessDetails

RuntimeError: No periods were identified for loading data into table 'PS_HPYPB_ACCT_LN'.

Any Clue why this is happening ? I am running the rule for Jan-16 and using Default  mapping . The mapping exist in Global Period Mapping.

Thanks

• 6. Re: Writeback rule migration from 11.1.2.3 to 11.1.2.4

Any input would be highly appreciated. Please give me any clue on my issue.

Thanks

• 7. Re: Writeback rule migration from 11.1.2.3 to 11.1.2.4
                      USER1211

Have you checked that your period mappings are accurate for write back?

Have you ensured the account you are using has the necessary roles to write back?

You may want to revisit the FDMEE Oracle documentation on write back to ensure you have all setup steps in place.

You can also look at the below document:

FDMEE Import Error "RuntimeError: No periods were identified for loading data into table" (Doc ID 1907626.1)

Good luck.

• 8. Re: Writeback rule migration from 11.1.2.3 to 11.1.2.4

Hi,

Thanks for Replying.

Yes I was missing Source to target mapping for EPM to ERP . I already created them and used Explicit Period mapping  in my  data load rule.

The user I am using for PS connection has got insert/delete/select/update access.

The process from FDMEE screen shows successful(Import, Validate,Export 3 gold fish) but still  no records were processed for target table

PS_HPYPB_ACCT_LN. Nothing got written here. I can see the data at TDATASEG.

Any idea why??

Thanks

Rachna

• 9. Re: Writeback rule migration from 11.1.2.3 to 11.1.2.4

The table PS_HPYPB_ACCT_LN has 42 fields defined as not null.

May be that's why the data is not getting inserted into this table.

How can I assign some value(None or Space) to all  the fields in FDMEE??

Thanks