Tony F. wrote:
I've never used the Carousel Region in new UT in Oracle APEX 5.1.1 and so have a few queries on it please:
1. What is the process of setting up say a 5 pane carousel - are they separate regions?
They are subregions of the carousel container.
2. Can one carousel pane contain both a form on a table as well as a report?
Yes, subject to the usual restrictions of one ARF/ARP-enabled region per page. However, careful consideration should be given as to whether a potentially invisible form is good UX practice.
3. Based on the example here: https://www.apexrnd.be/ords/f?p=ADVANCED_UT:REPORT_CAROUSEL:0::::: can both the left and right buttons on each side be changed/moved - basically want to add my own left and right arrows, say at the footer of the carousel or within it's own button container below the carousel and not physically on the carousel?
There is no documented API for the carousel component, so any customisation of this nature would depend upon your own resources or unofficial sources, and at risk of being incompatible with future versions of the carousel region.
4. Can a carousel be part of a modal window so that when the user presses either the left or right buttons, it all stays and displays within the modal window?
Yes, it's just a region type so if implemented in a modal page, it will be displayed within that page.
5. Finally, can a carousel contain Dynamic Content?
Yes, either natively by the built-in carousel region displaying subregions containing dynamic content, or by using a customised copy of the region template in conjunction with a custom report template. (Note that there some minor differences between the APEX 5.0 and 5.1 carousel implementations.)