5 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2017 10:54 AM by Souvik Manna

Issue with View Selector

Souvik Manna

I have three graph views in my report and I am trying to add them in one View Selector.

After adding the views when I try to toggle between them I get an error message - " View dvtchart!1 is either missing or doesn't support this format.", though all the three graphs are available in the same compound layout.

Please help to resolve this issue.

• 1. Re: Issue with View Selector
          Gianni Ceresa

Hi,

Would help if you provide enough information ...

What version, what's the context, does it works in other cases, does your charts have something special, does it work if you create a new analysis from scratch etc.

• 2. Re: Issue with View Selector
            Souvik Manna

Hi Gianni

Thank you for your reply.

I am using "Oracle Business Intelligence 11.1.1.7.140715".

In the report there was already one graph view available from the beginning. I have duplicated it two create two more views with different columns in vertical axis. Now i want to see the three graphs in a drop down and want to toggle between them. So, I am using a view selector where I have added these three graphs. Then when I launch this report, on the first instance view selector display the first graph. But then when I try to select the next one I get the above error message and subsequently for all the three graphs in the drop down.

It is working for other reports of similar type.

My graph does not have anything special except a column as Graph Prompt.

When I try to add a new Graph/Pivot view into this report or a new report with the same columns i get the bellow error -

---------------------------

Message from webpage

Assertion failure: m_bTotal != true at line 350 of inc/nq/webconnect/logicalmetadataimpl.h

Hope these details help.

• 3. Re: Issue with View Selector
              Gianni Ceresa

Can you give it a try by creating the same analysis from scratch again? So do not duplicate it or copy/paste code but start from a new analysis and replicate it (same columns formulas etc.) and try to see there if the views works fine (no need to focus on the look and feel for this test, just the data and formulas and same views).

As you have errors referencing metadata it's possible you have some issues in the XML of the analysis, it sometimes happen as the XML store lot more than what you see and sometimes references are lost and things like that.

So by creating one from scratch you are supposed to bypass the issue (assuming you aren't hitting a bug, but as you are on an almost 3 years old bundle patch ... it's also possible).

• 4. Re: Issue with View Selector
                Syed Hamd Salman

Duplication of views might be causing corruption of report/analysis try creating your report from scratch and see if you face the same issue.

Edit: Sorry for duplicate posting , do as Gianni suggested.

• 5. Re: Issue with View Selector
                  Souvik Manna

I just created the same analysis from scratch and tried to add a new Graph View. But I got the below error -

Message from webpage

Assertion failure: m_bTotal != true at line 350 of inc/nq/webconnect/logicalmetadataimpl.h

The same happened when I tried to add a Pivot Table.

Please help.