2 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2017 4:03 PM by Peter de Vaal

updating template or handler - layout of rest services

Brun

Hi,

i am starting to provision quite a few rest services and i was following the url pattern below where i was grouping similar services into the same modules.

/ords/mydb/myschema/mymodule/mytemplateeg..

/ords/mydb/myschema/mymodule/widgets

/ords/mydb/myschema/mymodule/inventory

/ords/mydb/myschema/mymodule/widget_attributes

I found that if i do this it means i have to recreate all the templates and handlers any time i want to update a single one which isn't ideal.

Have i missed a function / procedure to update templates or handlers ? or do i need to rethink my use of modules and make them more granular than common ?

• 1. Re: updating template or handler - layout of rest services
          thatJeffSmith-Oracle

ORDS.DEFINE_HANDLER - you can use this to update a handler

Otherwise, yes you have ORDS.DEFINE_MODULE which rebuilds the entire module for making changes to any of its particulars.

• 2. Re: updating template or handler - layout of rest services
            Peter de Vaal

When using SQL developer I recommend to capture the ORDS.DEFINE_MODULE and ORDS.DEFINE_HANDLER statements in a script, which you can check-in into version control. Just capture the statements from the statement log after you have defined the module, template or handler from the REST dataservices node.

I have many similar REST templates, so I usually copy a previously created file with the DEFINE_TEMPLATE and DEFINE_HANDLER statements and just edit the name, the SQL statement and (if present) the DEFINE_PARAMETER statements. The SQL statement I usually capture from the statement log, so I do not have to do the escaping of quotes in the query (if present) myself.