11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2017 7:48 PM by user585640

APPS password issue in R12.2 EBS environment

Prasenjit Deb

The issue is with APPS password change, accidently I've changed the APPS password using alter statement in R12.2 EBS environment whereas it should be done either through FNDCPASS or AFPASSWD. So as a result of which I'm not able to change it again using FNDCPASS though autoconfig is completing successfully with same APPS password and until i make the parameter "SEC_CASE_SENSITIVE_LOGON" to FALSE I'm not even able to run any ad utility like adadmin. Currently the parameter "SEC_CASE_SENSITIVE_LOGON" is set to FALSE.

I had tried also changing APPLSYS first, then APPS using alter statement & then ran autoconfig and then tried again using FNDCPASS, but no luck there. Please suggest what should be done to make use of FNDCPASS again.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

• 1. Re: APPS password issue in R12.2 EBS environment
          mdtaylor

Have you restarted the database since setting SEC_CASE_SENSITIVE_LOGON=false?  If not, bounce the database, then try FNDCPASS again.  If that still fails, use alter to set it to something different from what you want then try FNDCPASS to set it to the apps password you want to have.

• 2. Re: APPS password issue in R12.2 EBS environment
            Prasenjit Deb

Thanks for the response. I tried even restarting the database, but of no help. Sorry i didn't get what you meant by "set it to something different from what you want"?

Fyi, it was originally set to TRUE earlier which was not allowing to use adadmin, so then i changed it to FALSE which is atleast allowing now to use adadmin but still FNDCPASS is not working in any one of these cases. Please advise.

• 3. Re: APPS password issue in R12.2 EBS environment
              mdtaylor

Please post the contents of the log generated when you run FNDCPASS.  I mean if your password is 'apps' use alter user apps identified by apps2, then use FNDCPASS to connect as apps/apps2 and reset it back to apps:

FNDCPASS apps/apps2 0 Y system/manager SYSTEM APPLSYS apps

• 4. Re: APPS password issue in R12.2 EBS environment
                Prasenjit Deb

Please find below the FNDCPASS error log. Would also like to add, in case if i restart the database after setting sec_case_sensitive_logon to FALSE, get error "ORA-32004: obsolete or deprecated parameter(s) specified for RDBMS instance" while starting back the database. So for the time being i just set the parameter to FALSE using alter statement without bouncing the DB just to use ad utility as i said if i don't set it to FALSE, adadmin doesn't work. So in short neither the FNDCPASS is working and giving below error nor the DB bounce helping. Please suggest as its highly impacting..

[applmgr@r12ebs log]$ FNDCPASS apps/apps123 0 Y system/manager SYSTEM APPLSYS apps

Log filename : L5832794.log

Report filename : O5832794.out

[applmgr@r12ebs log]$ cat L5832794.log

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Application Object Library: Version : 12.0.0

Copyright (c) 1979, 1999, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

module:

Current system time is 31-MAY-2017 20:30:32

Working...

Error in password verification. (USER=APPS)

Concurrent request completed

Current system time is 31-MAY-2017 20:30:37

[applmgr@r12ebs log]$

• 5. Re: APPS password issue in R12.2 EBS environment
                  mdtaylor

Please review Steps to change the APPS, APPLSYS, and APPS_NE password using FNDCPASS or AFPASSWD for EBS 12.2 (Doc ID 1674462.1)

You may need a patch.  What version of 12.2 are you on?  I know 12.2.4 and below are affected.

You can also safely ignore the message ORA-32004: obsolete or deprecated parameter(s) specified for RDBMS instance.

• 6. Re: APPS password issue in R12.2 EBS environment
                    Prasenjit Deb

Many thanks for the prompt response again. I  cannot changed the password using console as I'm in the mid of upgrade from 12.1.3 to 12.2.6. However, right now I'm on 12.2.0 filesystem & already done with R12.2.0 main upgrade driver followed by online enable (adop) patch; yet to apply 12.2.6 release update pack & AD/TXK RUP patches. Please advise in this circumstance.

• 7. Re: APPS password issue in R12.2 EBS environment
                      mdtaylor

Does adop work if you leave the apps password the same as what it was on 12.1.3 and leave SEC_CASE_SENSITIVE_LOGON=false?  I would proceed with the patching if you can and change the password at the end.  That patch 19127427 : UNABLE TO CHANGE PASSWORD USING FNDCPASS - NO ERRORS IN THE LOG will be included in 12.2.6.  Otherwise try to apply that patch then change the apps password, start weblogic adminserver and change the EBSDataSource in the console.

• 8. Re: APPS password issue in R12.2 EBS environment
                        Prasenjit Deb

I haven't checked that yet and applied the patches using adop as I'm just done with the 13543062:R12.ADC patch (ADOP enablement patch). My next step would be to apply the patches as suggested by checkMTpatch.sh and 12.2.6 patches using adop.

So what do you suggest, should i wait till the end and first finish the upgrade steps and then give a try again?

• 9. Re: APPS password issue in R12.2 EBS environment
                          mdtaylor

I recommend changing the apps password once you are done with 12.2.6.  The checkMTpatch.sh patches will keep you busy for a while, even on startCD 51.

If you cannot get adop to complete successfully, then you will be forced to fix the apps password first.

• 10. Re: APPS password issue in R12.2 EBS environment
                            Prasenjit Deb

Sure, this makes sense. So let me proceed with the rest of the steps and will get back to you once I'm done, in case if face issue during adop apply will bug you again. Thanks a lot for your suggestions, cheers.

• 11. Re: APPS password issue in R12.2 EBS environment
                              user585640

Hi Prasenjit

Did you have success with solving this issue.

We face same problem

Regards

VICTOR