1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2017 9:38 AM by parth shah-Oracle

nQSError: 12008 and nQSError: 12017 on trying to open RPD online in OBIEE 12c

parth shah-Oracle

Hi

I get the following error when I try to open RPD online in OBIEE 12c and getting the following error box.

I checked the status of the servers in the Enterprise Manager and it was as follows:

I tried restarting obis1 from the EM and through command prompt as well but doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions on how I can proceed?

• 1. Re: nQSError: 12008 and nQSError: 12017 on trying to open RPD online in OBIEE 12c
          Christian Berg

Well your OBI server is down and will certainly have produced log files with useful information....check the logs.

• 2. Re: nQSError: 12008 and nQSError: 12017 on trying to open RPD online in OBIEE 12c
            parth shah-Oracle

I have attached is the log file. The error and warnings look like this:

Any pointers to proceed from here?

• 3. Re: nQSError: 12008 and nQSError: 12017 on trying to open RPD online in OBIEE 12c
              Gianni Ceresa

Sorry but ... do you look for somebody to read through your 250K rows of log file and fix your problems for you?

For that ask your colleagues by opening an SR and have fun with the full process.

The idea is that you look at the log to identify why it doesn't start (which means that you try to start it and look for the first error you get at that time).

If it doesn't make sense of course you can post the exact error and ask about that one, but posting a 28Mb log file and waiting for somebody to do your work for free ... it's not really what a community (not paid, free, not Oracle employees) forum is about.

• 4. Re: nQSError: 12008 and nQSError: 12017 on trying to open RPD online in OBIEE 12c
                Christian Berg

Gianni beat me to it, but...."any pointers"?

Yeah: Look at the correct log files. That's not a log file, that's a screenshot from Enterprise Manager which AGGREGATES literally hundreds if not thousands of logs. 99.98% of which are completely irrelevant to your issue.

obis1-diagnostic.log. obis1.out....stuff like that for a start.

It's pretty ironic that someone from Oracle goes about it this way while I have multiple SRs running where support doesn't seem to be capable of reading my explicitly and precisely chosen log files...

• 5. Re: nQSError: 12008 and nQSError: 12017 on trying to open RPD online in OBIEE 12c
                  parth shah-Oracle

Hi Christian and Gianni

I think that my message didn't come across as expected. I didn't mean anyone to do my job, expect anyone to go through the complete file, all I wanted to know was which is this correct log file, which log files should I look into precisely, and which error logs would be relevant, hence the word "pointers". I completely get this is a forum and people are here to assist others and not do the job for others and I don't even expect them to. But I'm very new to these concepts and actually do not have any idea as to which direction should I look in. My colleague who works on these things is not available right now and we have an urgent issue fix which is dependent on this. It would have been nice if experts such as you both could give advice without thrashing someone for being new to a technology.

The logs is an obvious place and I have tried going through the obis1-diagnostic.log, but all it say is "[nQSError: 13042] Repository password is wrong" in most places and points out errors in star schema of the RPD, which was working perfectly before the error popped up. The password was not changed, the star schema weren't touched and I couldn't figure out whether I was heading in right direction, hence I resorted to the forum.

• 6. Re: nQSError: 12008 and nQSError: 12017 on trying to open RPD online in OBIEE 12c
                    Christian Berg

My point was about specificity / precision. Providing tons of logs is counterproductive just like none at all is.

For your issue: restart the whole stack once. Yes it's a cliché but a) sometimes it can help and b) you get a fresh set of logs which you can easily browse from the point of startup.

If that doesn't help then try uploading one of the vanilla RPDs via datamodel.sh -uploadrpd to get a working OBIS.

• 7. Re: nQSError: 12008 and nQSError: 12017 on trying to open RPD online in OBIEE 12c
                      Syed Hamd Salman

What's your OBIEE 12c exact version(12.2.1.0.0 , 12.2.1.1.0 or 12.2.1.2.0)?

Based on your mentioned error message "[nQSError: 13042] Repository password is wrong", it was a known issue in OBIEE 12.2.1.0.0

OBIEE 12c Repository Copy As Corrupts Server Password (Doc ID 2176440.1)

ONLY if you have RPD backup then restore your environment with empty repository file using WLST Scripting Tool and once environment is set with empty RPD file then start BI Server(OBIS1) and then you can upload your backup RPD, do verify your backup RPD password through Administration Tool in Offline Mode before uploading the RPD.

For uploading the environment with empty RPD file follow below steps:

a) Launch WLST Scripting Tool from following location <ORACLE HOME>\oracle_common\common\bin and execute below command as per your environment.

Windows: wlst.cmd

Linux: ./wlst.sh

b) Once WLST Scripting Tool is launched then execute below command to upload empty RPD in your environment

Example For Unix:

importServiceInstance(<DOMAIN_HOME>,<SERVICE_INSTANCE>,'<ORACLE_HOME>/bi/bifoundation/admin/provisioning/oracle.bi.application.empty.bar',true,false,false)

Example For Windows:

importServiceInstance('C:\\Oracle_Home\\user_projects\\domains\\bi','ssi','C:\\Oracle_Home\\bi\\bifoundation\\admin\\provisioning\\oracle.bi.application.empty.bar',true,false,false)

c) Once service instance is successfully imported then execute below command to exit WLST tool.

exit();

d) Now start your OBIS1 server by executing below command from following location <DOMAIN HOME>\bitools\bin

Example For Unix:

./start.sh -i obis1

Example For Windows:

start.cmd -i obis1

e) Now from same location <DOMAIN HOME>\bitools\bin upload your RPD backup into your environment.

• 8. Re: nQSError: 12008 and nQSError: 12017 on trying to open RPD online in OBIEE 12c
                        parth shah-Oracle

Hi

I tried uploading a fresh RPD, but it gave me an error :

"Operation failed.

An exception occurred during execution, please check server logs."

I checked the bi_server1.log and found it to be full of :

"####<Jun 6, 2017 12:20:14 AM MDT> <Warning> <Cluster> <slc10exg> <bi_server1> <[STANDBY] ExecuteThread: '6' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <30e09427-8f52-4ae1-b114-f9573177b7e3-00009405> <1496730014331> <[severity-value: 16] [rid: 0] [partition-id: 0] [partition-name: DOMAIN] > <BEA-000192> <A running server was not found to host JagentSingletonService. The server will retry in a few seconds.> "

The other lines of the log that are repeated are :

"<BEA-003125> <Singleton Monitor has detected that the singleton service JagentSingletonService has no lease.>

<BEA-003126> <JagentSingletonService will attempt to auto-migrate.>

<BEA-003129> <JagentSingletonService will attempt to auto-migrate from null to bi_server1.> "

I checked all the servers and they are all running. Below is the screenshot:

2 questions:

1) Is the log right one or do I look into another log?

2) Could it be a memory issue?

I tried uploading various versions of the RPD, but none seem to work so I don't think is an RPD issue as the RPDs are working in another instance.

• 9. Re: nQSError: 12008 and nQSError: 12017 on trying to open RPD online in OBIEE 12c
                          Syed Hamd Salman

All your servers are up and running now whereas the issue you reported was that your OBIS1 server was down, what did you do to start OBIS1 backup?

Did you follow steps mentioned in previous post and was able to bring back OBIS1 in running status with Empty RPD loaded into the environment?

But after that you aren't able to upload RPD in your environment?

What do you mean by you tried to upload various version of RPD's?

Your OBIEE 12c version looks to be 12.2.1.0.0 (based on your RPD upload/download script name i.e. data-model-cmd.cmd) so the only RPD version you should be loading into your environment is version 354

• 10. Re: nQSError: 12008 and nQSError: 12017 on trying to open RPD online in OBIEE 12c
                            parth shah-Oracle

I followed the steps as mentioned by you and got the OBIS1 server up and running.

I uploaded the empty RPD followed by the RPD I needed, but it gave me an error as pointed out in below:

By various versions, I mean the ones we had saved in SVN for different code cuts while working with 12.2.1.0.0.

• 11. Re: nQSError: 12008 and nQSError: 12017 on trying to open RPD online in OBIEE 12c
                              Syed Hamd Salman

Could you make another attempt to upload the RPD and capture the timestamp of upload and then failure, attach below listed logs from mentioned location for the timestamp of RPD upload failure.

Log Name: bi-lcm-rest.log.0
                              Log Location: <Oracle_Home>/user_projects/domains/<domain name>/servers/bi_server1/logs

Log Name: bi-server1-diagnostics.log

Log Location: <Oracle_Home>/user_projects/domains/<domain name>/servers/bi_server1/logs

• 12. Re: nQSError: 12008 and nQSError: 12017 on trying to open RPD online in OBIEE 12c
                                parth shah-Oracle

Hi Syed

I have attached the logs right after the latest RPD upload.

Is there anything specific you are looking for? You could tell me what to look for and I could take it up from there.

• 13. Re: nQSError: 12008 and nQSError: 12017 on trying to open RPD online in OBIEE 12c
                                  Syed Hamd Salman

Can see below error messages in your attached logs:

bi-lcm-rest.log

Jun 08,2017 04:07:57 oracle.bi.lcm.rest.si.rpd.RpdEndpointV1 INFO - uploadRpd called for: ssi

Jun 08,2017 04:07:58 oracle.bi.lcm.rest.si.rpd.RpdEndpointV1 INFO - Deploying RPD file: C:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\USER_P~1\domains\bi\config\fmwconfig\servers\bi_server1\tmp\lcmrest\temp-ssi-rpd7063087579559660294\uploaded.rpd

Jun 08,2017 04:08:41 oracle.bi.lcm.rest.si.rpd.RpdEndpointV1 SEVERE - Exception during RPD file upload: oracle.bi.server.customization.utils.CustomizationException: oracle.bi.server.customization.utils.ServerException: java.sql.SQLException: oracle.bi.ccs.client.NodeFinderException:

The Oracle BI Server is currently unavailable for queries. Please contact your System Administrator to report the failure.

Caused by: oracle.bi.server.customization.utils.ServerException: java.sql.SQLException: oracle.bi.ccs.client.NodeFinderException:

The Oracle BI Server is currently unavailable for queries. Please contact your System Administrator to report the failure.

bi_server1-diagnostics.log

[2017-06-08T04:08:41.829-06:00] [bi_server1] [WARNING] [] [oracle.bi.jdbc.AnaJdbcConnection] [tid: pool-43-thread-6] [userId: weblogic] [ecid: 30e09427-8f52-4ae1-b114-f9573177b7e3-00020c16,0:3] [APP: bi-lcm-rest] [partition-name: DOMAIN] [tenant-name: GLOBAL] The Oracle BI Server is currently unavailable for queries. Please contact your System Administrator to report the failure.

[2017-06-08T04:08:41.834-06:00] [bi_server1] [WARNING] [] [oracle.bi.jdbc.AnaJdbcConnection] [tid: pool-43-thread-6] [userId: weblogic] [ecid: 30e09427-8f52-4ae1-b114-f9573177b7e3-00020c16,0:3] [APP: bi-lcm-rest] [partition-name: DOMAIN] [tenant-name: GLOBAL] The Oracle BI Server is currently unavailable for queries. Please contact your System Administrator to report the failure.

[2017-06-08T04:08:41.845-06:00] [bi_server1] [WARNING] [] [oracle.bi.jdbc.AnaJdbcConnection] [tid: pool-43-thread-6] [userId: weblogic] [ecid: 30e09427-8f52-4ae1-b114-f9573177b7e3-00020c16,0:3] [APP: bi-lcm-rest] [partition-name: DOMAIN] [tenant-name: GLOBAL] The Oracle BI Server is currently unavailable for queries. Please contact your System Administrator to report the failure.

Looks like there is still some problem with your OBIS1 server, could you check if your OBIS1 server is up and running?

are you able to open RPD in online mode even though its a empty RPD?

are you able to login into analytics application?

• 14. Re: nQSError: 12008 and nQSError: 12017 on trying to open RPD online in OBIEE 12c
                                    parth shah-Oracle

Firstly, I think I had attached wrong server logs last time, so here are the correct ones.

The obis1 server is up and running.

I cannot access the RPD online

I cannot log in to dashboards

1 2 Previous Next