3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2017 3:42 PM by rp0428

getting ora-38824 when trying to compile a noneditionable type under SQL Developer Version  4.2.0.17.089

MMNonApex-Oracle

Hi,

I loaded on noneditionable type from a file, running it in SQl DEV.

In SQL DEV the type is not showing the noneditionable keyword even if it is noneditionable (shown in tab details in object editor)

when I try to compile the type i get the error  (sorry  in French but it is clear)

• Erreur: ORA-38824: Une commande CREATE OR REPLACE ne peut pas modifier la propriété EDITIONABLE d'un objet existant. 

To get ride off that i need to add manually the noneditionable keyword each time i compile, this is a biit heavy in dev.

What am I missing ? Any way to get the noneditionable keyword in the definition of the type.

Thank you for your attention and your answers.

Regards

• 1. Re: getting ora-38824 when trying to compile a noneditionable type under SQL Developer Version  4.2.0.17.089

when I try to compile the type i get the error (sorry in French but it is clear)

Sorry - but it is NOT clear. It isn't possible for anyone to try to reproduce what you report based on what you posted.

You need to SHOW US:

1. WHAT you do

2. HOW you do it

3. WHAT results you get

• 2. Re: getting ora-38824 when trying to compile a noneditionable type under SQL Developer Version  4.2.0.17.089
            MMNonApex-Oracle

1 : What I do

I want to use object types (ADT) in my database.

2 : How I do it

I load in my database a noneditionable type (adt) from a file, running it in SQl DEV. I do not get any errors

When using Object browser in the left of the SQL Dev Window I can see the type i loaded in SQL DEV but neither type spec nor type body shows the NOEDITIONABLE keyword.

This happens for all noeditionable types (ADT) I loaded.

3 What result i get

1 . if i go to the details tab for the type it shows that the type is noneditionable. that is correct and that what i want.

2 ; If i want to recompile such a type after having make some updates, i click on the compile button. An i get the following error (the text of the error seems clear to me even in french) :

Erreur: ORA-38824: Une commande CREATE OR REPLACE ne peut pas modifier la propriété EDITIONABLE d'un objet existant.

in english and from the error book for those who have difficulties with foreign languages :

ORA-38824: A CREATE OR REPLACE command may not change the EDITIONABLE property of an existing object.

Cause: An attempt was made to replace an existing object with a different value for the EDITIONABLE property.

Action: Switch the EDITIONABLE property in the REPLACE statement, or alter the existing object to have an EDITIONABLE property matching the EDITIONABLE property in the REPLACE statement.

To get ride off that  i need to add manually the noneditionable keyword each time i compile the type because it disappears each time i compile the type (spec or body). Actually, This is not efficient.

4 What I expect known

1 an answer to the following questions

What am I missing ?

How to get the noneditionable keyword staying in the definition of the type, so i can compile the type just by clicking on the compile button.

Thank you for your attention and your answers.

Regards

• 3. Re: getting ora-38824 when trying to compile a noneditionable type under SQL Developer Version  4.2.0.17.089

You need to SHOW US:

Post an example that SHOWS the problem you report so we can try to reproduce it.