6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2017 2:10 AM by 3292348

FDMEE loading to HFM Shared Entities

Hi All,

How does FDMEE determine the parent to load to for HFM Shared Entities?

We are doing an HFM/FDM upgrade from 2.1 and 2.4 and we have noticed that the logic was different though we are using the same HFM metadata.

In 2.1, data goes to the parent on the main hierarchy for the shared entity.

In 2.4, data goes to the DEFAULT parent for the shared entity.

Is this a new thing in FDMEE/HFM 2.4, and if it is, is there a way to set it up to load to a different hierarchy?

• 1. Re: FDMEE loading to HFM Shared Entities
          SH_INT

What do you mean? FDM/FDMEE will only load data to the level 0 member in HFM. Parent is irrelevant to the load. Data will be in both hierarchies as the same level 0 member will exist in both as it is shared

• 2. Re: FDMEE loading to HFM Shared Entities

Thanks SH_INT!

Yeah, I meant the data is being loaded to the base members. But 2.4 loads to the base entity under the default parent while In 2.1, it loads to the base entity under the parent on the main hierarchy.

We are loading to PCA and this affects our data validation as we are getting a different parent currency in 2.4 against 2.1.

• 3. Re: FDMEE loading to HFM Shared Entities
              SH_INT

Maybe I wasn't clear, but Parent plays no role in where data is loaded in HFM. The base entity under your both parents is a single data load point, i.e. it is not loaded multiple times. If that base entity has different parents in 2,3,4 alternative hierarchies it is still only loaded once and the value for that entity will be the same whatever hierarchy it sits in. If you are talking about posting journals to the PCA and not getting the results you are expecting that is where I would focus my attention.

If you post data to PCA it will only affect the parent of the base entity where the currency is the same, if you have multiple parents with different currencies not all will be impacted as the data is associated with the currency of the parent entity not the parent entity.

What is the validation issue you are getting and why do you think it is caused by the base entity load?

• 4. Re: FDMEE loading to HFM Shared Entities

We are loading journals, and there is an entity that belong to different hierarchies. The parents of that entity differ in the associated currency. I would illustrate it as.

1st Hierarchy

U0010

>U0670 (USD Adjs)

>>C0670

2nd Hierarchy

GE2

>CAN (CAD Adjs)

>>C0670

When we load data, data goes to CAN.C0670 causing it to have CAD Adjs as currency when we extract what we have loaded. U0670.C0670 does not have any data in it. Our source data only has USD for currency, and when CAD currencies comes to the validation tool, the variances appear.

As I said, this was not the case on their previous FDM/HFM (2.1) as it loads to the entity on the U0010 hierarchy (first/main hierarchy). In 2.4, it's as if it selects the default parent of the entity (CAN).

• 5. Re: FDMEE loading to HFM Shared Entities
                  SH_INT

You are confusing matters here which value dimension member are you posting journals to - PCA or ECA. If you are posting to PCA you will only see that data reflected in the Parent with the same currency in the consolidation i.e. CAN as the values are associated with the currency of the parent entity not the parent entity 

• 6. Re: FDMEE loading to HFM Shared Entities

Sorry about that. I'm posting to PCA.