4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2017 9:04 AM by Christian Berg

Change Password Link does not work in IE11

Sunny26

Hi Team,

We have implemented Change Password functionality in OBIEE 11.1.1.9 with the help of follwing link:

Adventures in OBIEE: Configure Change Password for Weblogic users in OBIEE 11g

In Internet Explorer 9 it is working fine, but for Internet Explorer 11 it is not working.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advanced.

Regards,

Sunny26

• 1. Re: Change Password Link does not work in IE11
          Christian Berg

a) "it is not working" is about as vague as you can get. WHAT is not working. HOW is it exactly not working? What have you analyzed so far?

b) I sincerely hope that you're not actually using that for a production system

c) Creating artificial (browser) dependencies where there were none is always a bad thing

d) There is an alternative solution using only system-internal calls via MBeans: https://www.rittmanmead.com/blog/2011/10/changing-your-password-in-obiee-11g/

e) I sincerely hope that you're not actually using that for a production system

f) No that wasn't a duplicate row - I REALLY hope you're not using that for a production system!

• 2. Re: Change Password Link does not work in IE11
            Sunny26

Thanks Christian,

a) "it is not working" is about as vague as you can get. WHAT is not working. HOW is it exactly not working? What have you analyzed so far?

-Sorry for insufficient information, "It is not working" means on clicking change password link it does not navigate to dashboard page in IE11. (In IE9 it           is  navigating to dashboard page).

d) There is an alternative solution using only system-internal calls via MBeans: https://www.rittmanmead.com/blog/2011/10/changing-your-password-in-obiee-11g/

-We will try alternative solution which is provided by you.

b) I sincerely hope that you're not actually using that for a production system

-We are implementing it on our local system.

Regards,

Sunny26

• 3. Re: Change Password Link does not work in IE11
              Gianni Ceresa

Sunny26 wrote:

In Internet Explorer 9 it is working fine, but for Internet Explorer 11 it is not working.

So you are saying nothing changed other than the browser?

Do you still have both IE9 and IE11 available now and tested now with both? (and not that you used IE9 few months ago and now you are on IE11 but maybe something else changed on the server side).

Did you try with another browser like Firefox?

Based on what you said so far it's a browser issue and it means that action links in IE11 doesn't work fine. Isn't there maybe a bundle patch fixing issues with IE11 for 11.1.1.9 that you didn't install? You don't say which exact version you are using, but I'm kind of sure that if we look at the multiple bundle patch for 11.1.1.9 there is at least one or two referencing fixed for IE11.

• 4. Re: Change Password Link does not work in IE11
                Christian Berg

Gianni already asked you for precise versions already so that would be nice to have but I want to stress a point you may not have realized completly as I assume from your response

Sunny26 wrote:

-We are implementing it on our local system.

What does that mean? Neither your "copy+pasted from the Internet" java code* nor the MBean are proper password change mechanisms in any security-conscious sense of the term.

With regards to pure action links and IE11 there is MOS Doc ID 2142394.1 ... Many more bugs and patches for 11.1.1.9x and beyond exist which are related to IE11.

There are many facets to this issue and since it touches security it should not be taken lightly.

* Google for "Nissan copy code fired" and you will see why this is generally abad idea