4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2017 7:33 PM by fac586

Document imaging

wisers

Has anyone created a document imaging solution with APEX?  We are running APEX 5.1, and are interested in creating a document imaging solution for HR files.  It should be a relatively simple application with the ability to find documents based on employee name or id number, and then select between various types of documents (employment, benefits, performance review, etc.).  This would then provide a list of documents that could be opened by clicking a filename or number.

it sounds simple enough in theory, but that has gotten me in trouble before, so I thought I would ask before jumping into anything.

Thanks,

Bob

• 1. Re: Document imaging
          C Sykes

The functinoality of searching, reporting and downloading files is all fine and super easy in APEX.

The actual search of your data is a bit more complicated depending on what the 'Documents' are.  Oracle text allows you to search the text in PDF documents but if they need an OCR to be searched then I have no experience with this.

If you are searching on an employee name and ID that is in the database and linked to the documents, then this is again, really, really easy with APEX.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Document imaging
            wisers

Thanks for the reply.  That was my thinking as well.  We won't need to search the text of the documents, but only search for the document itself based on a couple of criteria, like employee ID and document type. 

Bob

• 3. Re: Document imaging

Hi wisers,

This is not related to your thread but I had to write here since there was no other ways to contact you.

I am looking into your another thread which is Interactive Report Question (Sort of) .

I am trying to solve the same issue as you did and none of the demos or the resources were available by now since they are old.

I was wondering could you please provide your application so that I can take a look or could you please help with my application?

Could you please help on my application?

on apex.oracle.com.
              My workspace is PRACTICEAA
              username is trampsta@gmail.com
              password is asdf56

Thank you.

• 4. Re: Document imaging
                fac586

3435332 wrote:

Hi wisers,

This is not related to your thread but I had to write here since there was no other ways to contact you.

This isn't a way of contacting them either. Have you looked at their profile? Not logged on since July...

If you want help, don't post follow-ups to old, closed threads, and don't harass other users with demands for their assistance. Start a new thread of your own with a properly formulated question.