2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2017 4:37 PM by tbarrien

Interactive Grid Edit only works on last row

tbarrien

APEX Version: 5.1.1.00.08

DB Version:  Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production

Hi,

I have an interactive grid  as part o a master detail form.  I can add rows successfully but when try to Edit or Delete I get strange behavior where the application behaves as if I am working with the last displayed row even when I am not.

Delete:  Regardless of which row I have selected and choose Delete Row for, it is the last row that gets marked for deletion.

Update/Edit:  If I click on the last row and edit values, it behaves as expected but if I try to edit any other row then as soon as I choose a field to edit, the value changes from whatever is displayed in that row to the value of the field in the last row.  This is not easy to show via picture but here you go.

I am not getting any errors when I look at debug.  Any ideas on what might be happening or suggestions for how to troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Tristan

• 1. Re: Interactive Grid Edit only works on last row
          fac586

tbarrien wrote:

APEX Version: 5.1.1.00.08

DB Version: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production

I have an interactive grid as part o a master detail form. I can add rows successfully but when try to Edit or Delete I get strange behavior where the application behaves as if I am working with the last displayed row even when I am not.

Delete: Regardless of which row I have selected and choose Delete Row for, it is the last row that gets marked for deletion.

Update/Edit: If I click on the last row and edit values, it behaves as expected but if I try to edit any other row then as soon as I choose a field to edit, the value changes from whatever is displayed in that row to the value of the field in the last row. This is not easy to show via picture but here you go.

I am not getting any errors when I look at debug. Any ideas on what might be happening or suggestions for how to troubleshoot?

We encountered this problem a few months ago. It's clearly a bug, but didn't have the time or inclination to investigate any further then. Our options were taking one shot at recreating the page to get a working interactive grid, or replacing it with something else. A new IG page created from scratch did work, and continues to do so.

The problem was noticed during testing following changes that were made to source and LOV views for performance reasons (no difference in the column projection). The only obvious thing that changed between the initial implementation and these tests was the application of the 5.1.1 patch.

The problem grid is still available on apex.oracle.com if John Snyder-Oracle is interested in a test case...

• 2. Re: Interactive Grid Edit only works on last row
            tbarrien

Rebuilding it worked.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Tristan