1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 16, 2017 8:51 AM by fac586

Apex submitting PLSQL in the background

ajmlr

Hi there.

In Apex 5.0, I want a submit page process to call a database procedure and then return control to the user (without waiting for the procedure call to finish).

I also want this procedure to act upon the committed data from the page.

One option is to use DBMS_SCHEDULER. (although Im not sure whether this will see the committed rows or not).

Are there any simpler options than this?

Kind Regards,

Al

• 1. Re: Apex submitting PLSQL in the background
          fac586

user11302782 wrote:

Please update your forum profile with a recognisable username instead of "user11302782": Video tutorial how to change nickname available

Help us to help you. Whenever you ask a question, include the information detailed in these guidelines so we can suggest the most effective solution for your environment and application.

In Apex 5.0, I want a submit page process to call a database procedure and then return control to the user (without waiting for the procedure call to finish).

I also want this procedure to act upon the committed data from the page.

One option is to use DBMS_SCHEDULER. (although Im not sure whether this will see the committed rows or not).

Creating a DBMS_SCHEDULER job will issue an implicit commit, persisting any row changes made in previous processes after page submission. These changes will therefore be visible to be the scheduled job.

Are there any simpler options than this?

No.