You mean to say , need to send particular segment to internal users (other users in your eloqua instance who have access to eloqua)?
In that case you can use Data Export Option.
Follow Below Steps:
Audience - Tools - Data Export and Import
Click Data Export
Under Data Option , Select either all records or specific records option and then select data type as Contact Data and Select the Set Option As Segments and pick your segment.
Under Export settings option, you can schedule this export for specific email addresses separated by comma or semi colon.
If above situation is not yours and you need to send email to outside people (who don't have eloqua access) with segment link means follow below steps but this step you need to use with your company permission:
Go to Specific Segment and Download the contacts to your local system
Zip the excel file and store in Eloqua under File Storage (Assets - Components - File Storage) by clicking upload button
Take the Actual URL by double clicking the file
In you email code give a href link and use this actual url link in that. (<a href="actual url" ,target="_blank">Segment Name</a>)
So people can download the zip file and can able to see the list of segment members.
Thanks for reply..!
But I want to send segment name in any URL as a quyery string. To understand the better way, please see below:
Segment Name: TestAbc
Link of LP on email: https://www.google.co.in/?segmentname=TestAbc
Same thing I have to achieve to send current date on an email link, see below image:
So I have to send segment name in the same way in the email. but the date can be stored in a contact field. That why I was able to achieve it.
Now i understood your question.
There are two ways to achieve this.
1.Static Segment Name:
- If you want to show static segment name in URL (particular segment name constantly through out any link in email) ,
- Assets - Website Setup - Query Strings
- Create New Query String Parameter
- Then use that Query string in email link like <a href="http://www.google.com/?SegmentName=Input your segment name here manually ">Click</a>.
- So in email click through break down report you can able to see this parameter details
2.Dynamic Segment Name:
If you want to show segment name dynamically in URL (different segment names),
- Follow above steps and create Query String with name SegmentName.
- Create one custom object with main fields Email Address and Segment Name.
- Audience - Custom Objects - Create New
- In your local system prepare excel with two columns like Email address and segment name and give for particular email address corresponding segment name and upload that file into your Custom Data Object and save.
- Create One field Merge with Name like Segment
- Use that field merge in your email url like <a href="url/?Querystringname=fieldmerge">text</a>
Hope it will work.
Thanks, you answered the things..!
But still, this is not I am looking for.
I want to send segment name, which is an asset of Eloqua. The things you mentioned above is we create to get results for our website and the second one you mentioned create a segment field into the CDO, Then use that field's field merge into the URL.
Hope, I am clear with my words.
I don't think so you can see segement as asset like Email , Landing Page etc..
Try to reach Eloqua Support Team.