5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2017 9:15 AM by prem deviraj

Need to send segment name in email as landing page link as an extra parameter in the URL

Hi All,

I am stuck in a situation, where I want send segment name in email as landing page link as an extra parameter in the URL. Is there any way to achieve this?

Regards,

Alok

• 1. Re: Need to send segment name in email as landing page link as an extra parameter in the URL
          prem deviraj

Hi,

You mean to say , need to send particular segment to internal users (other users in your eloqua instance who have access to eloqua)?

In that case you can use Data Export Option.

Follow Below Steps:

Audience - Tools - Data Export and Import

Segement.jpg

Click Data Export

Under Data Option , Select either all records  or specific records option and then select data type as Contact Data and Select the Set Option As Segments and pick your segment.

Segement 1.jpg

Under Export settings option, you can schedule this export for specific email addresses separated by comma or semi colon.

If above situation is not yours and you need to send email to outside people (who don't have eloqua access) with segment link means follow below steps but this step you need to use with your company permission:

Go to Specific Segment and Download the contacts to your local system

Zip the excel file and store in Eloqua under File Storage (Assets - Components - File Storage) by clicking upload button

Segement 2.JPG

Take the Actual URL by double clicking the file

Segement 3.JPG

In you email code give a href link and use this actual url link in that. (<a href="actual url" ,target="_blank">Segment Name</a>)

So people can download the zip file and can able to see the list of segment members.

Thanks,

Prem

• 2. Re: Need to send segment name in email as landing page link as an extra parameter in the URL

Thanks for reply..!

But I want to send segment name in any URL as a quyery string. To understand the better way, please see below:

Suppose:
            Segment Name: TestAbc
            Link of LP on email:
              https://www.google.co.in/?segmentname=TestAbc

Same thing I have  to achieve to send current date on an email link, see below image:

segment.PNG

So I have to send segment name in the same way in the email. but the date can be stored in a contact field. That why I was able to achieve it.

Regards,

Alok

• 3. Re: Need to send segment name in email as landing page link as an extra parameter in the URL
              prem deviraj

Hi,

Now i understood your question.

There are two ways to achieve this.

1.Static Segment Name:

• If you want to show static segment name in URL (particular segment name constantly through out any link in email) ,
              • Assets - Website Setup - Query Strings

Query Strings1.jpg

• Create New Query String Parameter

Query Strings2.jpg

2.Dynamic Segment Name:

If you want to show segment name dynamically in URL (different segment names),

• Follow above steps and create Query String with name SegmentName.
              • Create one custom object with main fields Email Address and Segment Name.
              • Audience - Custom Objects - Create New

Query Strings3.JPG

• In your local system prepare excel with two columns like Email address and segment name and give for particular email address corresponding segment name and upload that file into your Custom Data Object and save.Query Strings4.JPG
              • Create One field Merge with Name like Segment

Query Strings5.JPG

• Use that field merge in your email url like <a href="url/?Querystringname=fieldmerge">text</a>

Query Strings6.JPG

Hope it will work.

Thanks,

Prem

• 4. Re: Need to send segment name in email as landing page link as an extra parameter in the URL

Thanks, you answered the things..!

But still, this is not I am looking for.

I want to send segment name, which is an asset of Eloqua. The things you mentioned above is we create to get results for our website and the second one you mentioned create a segment field into the CDO, Then use that field's field merge into the URL.

But I want segment which is an asset of Eloqua like email, CDO, Landing page etc.See below SC:sc1.PNG

Hope, I am clear with my words.

Regards,

Alok

• 5. Re: Need to send segment name in email as landing page link as an extra parameter in the URL
                  prem deviraj

Hi ,

I don't think so you can see segement as asset like Email , Landing Page etc..

Try to reach Eloqua Support Team.

Thanks,

Prem