2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2017 6:30 PM by DanyB

Rolling 12 month report

DanyB

Hi experts,

I'm trying to build a Rolling 12 month report. I found online the way to do it, and it works fine except for one situation, and I'm hoping someone here can help.

The following is what I have at the moment:

Column 1: Relative to Current Point of View for Year offset by -1

Range from Prompt for Period to 12 with iterations 0

Column 2: Current Point of View for Year

Range from 01 to Prompt for Period with iterations 0

As long as my first period isn't 01 and my last period isn't 12, it works perfectly. But of course if I use 01 and 12, the reports comes out with 24 months instead of 12. The idea would be that column 1 shouldn't appear at all when the propmt is 01, but I'm not sure it's even possible to do that in FR.

Any help?

• 1. Re: Rolling 12 month report
          Jeo123

Just use pov period, period offset-1, period offset-2, period offset -3, etc.  The system is smart enough  is smart enough to reduce the year iterate backwards past january.  Add each of those in until you get the number of months you want.

I only put 3 months in, but this is what you should get at the top:

Current Point of View for Period, Period Current Point of View for Period offset by -1, Period Current Point of View for Period offset by -2

Unfortunately, you can't type that and have to use the selection wizard.

• 2. Re: Rolling 12 month report
            DanyB

Wow... In French, we'd say "Pourquoi faire simple quand on peut faire compliqué", which would be something along the lines of why make it simple when you can make it complicated. It's ironic, but not in the Alanis Morrissette way of course.

I figured HFM wouldn't know what to do when period 01 of the current year would come along, but as you said it works. So thank you!

DanyB