1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 9, 2017 7:22 PM by Migs_Isip

Remove Employee associated with Application User using api

Migs_Isip

Are there any APIs that can be used to remove the Employee/Person Field from the FND_USER application?

For Example, I'm running the below script using FND_USER_PKG.UPDATEUSER but its not clearing out the Person and Customer Field but it only updates the End-Date Field:

set serveroutput on;
      declare

cursor c1 is
          select  *
          from    xx_dup_emp_records
          where   status = 'ReAssigned';  

begin

for c_1 in c1 loop

FND_USER_PKG.UPDATEUSER (x_user_name                  => C_1.USER_NAME_1,
                                       x_owner                      => null,                                 
                                       x_end_date                   => trunc(sysdate),                                 
                                       x_employee_id                => null,
                                       x_customer_id                => null,
                                       x_email_address              => null);

end loop;

end;

Once running the script above and committing, the Users screen only updates the End-Date:

user screen.png

How can i Remove the Person/Employee associated with this Username by means of an API?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Remove Employee associated with Application User using api
          Migs_Isip

I've opened a Service Request about this to Oracle and they've provided me a solution. I should not be using NULL, but should be using the FND_USER_PKG variables instead (fnd_user_pkg.null_number, fnd_user_pkg.null_char, fnd_user_pkg.null_date).

set serveroutput on; 
          declare 

cursor c1 is 
              select  * 
              from    xx_dup_emp_records 
              where  status = 'ReAssigned';   

begin 

for c_1 in c1 loop 

FND_USER_PKG.UPDATEUSER (x_user_name                  => C_1.USER_NAME_1, 
                                          x_owner                      => null,                                 
                                          x_end_date                  => trunc(sysdate),                                 
                                          x_employee_id                => fnd_user_pkg.null_number, 
                                          x_customer_id                => fnd_user_pkg.null_number, 
                                          x_email_address              => fnd_user_pkg.null_char); 

end loop; 

end; 

Turns out, when passing NULL to the parameters, it is skips the parameter.

Hope this helps someone.

Thank you!