3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2017 6:07 PM by thatJeffSmith-Oracle

SQL Developer v17.2 - sqldev:link ignoring ide.properties?

Brad_the_Dazed

Old behavior: previous install of SD (4.1.3.20) and java (1.8.0_131) and ide.properties change for ide.FontSize.en = 18 ...

... works fine with a report using sqldev:link and the links are the same font size as the other selected columns (18pt).

New behavior: latest SD (v17.2.0.88) and java (1.8.0_141) and same change for ide.properties...

... the same report with sqldev:link has non-link columns at 18pt, but the links themselves are smaller font size. See below:

My sad, old eyes ...

A bug?

btw - is there documentation on the sqldev:link:*:oracle.dbtools.raptor.controls.grid.DefaultDrillLink construct?

• 1. Re: SQL Developer v17.2 - sqldev:link ignoring ide.properties?
          thatJeffSmith-Oracle

Why are you using ide.properties , ide.FontSize.en = 18 to set the editor/grid font? That's configurable in the preferences directly.

4.1, 4.2, and 17.2 do not honor the font size setting for links from what I can tell, although 4.1 would show the link text sans italics/underline, until you mouse over it and then it would underline. 4.2 and higher shows the link underlined and italicized.

• 2. Re: SQL Developer v17.2 - sqldev:link ignoring ide.properties?
            Brad_the_Dazed

I'm using the ide.properties to enlarge all the fonts in the application: menu titles, window titles, dialog boxes, etc. (I do see dialog boxes that don't that take this property into account since the box is sometimes too small to display the full text; i.e. cutoff text phrases.)  And the 'View' menu has enough items to vertically fill my monitor!  :-)

Here's the same screenshot from the 4.1.3.20 version:

You can see how the hyperlinks are significantly more readable than the 17.2 screenshot.

Ironic that I was asking about the documentation because I wondered if I could redefine a default style for the hyperlinks - without the underline and italic. And to tease me, when I double-click on the 17.2 hyperlink, the link text very briefly displays in the larger, non-italic, non-underline font! I'm suspecting that 4.2 introduced a new default style -- underline and italic -- potentially overriding the ide.properties setting.

• 3. Re: SQL Developer v17.2 - sqldev:link ignoring ide.properties?
              thatJeffSmith-Oracle

>> I'm suspecting that 4.2 introduced a new default style -- underline and italic -- potentially overriding the ide.properties setting.

I"m thinking that's a pretty good guess.

I think the real bug here is that the links, shown in a grid, aren't respecting the code editor font settings.