5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2017 9:35 PM by Gary Graham-Oracle

SQL Developer - Can't find dependent libraries

pmcm

I'm new to Oracle and SQL Developer, however when I try to connect to a database I am getting this error message:

An error was encountered performing the requested operation:

C:\oracle\product\11.2.0.4\bin\ocijdbc11.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

Vendor code 0

however when I check locally the ocijdbc11.dll is in the correct folder directory. How do I overcome this error?

• 1. Re: SQL Developer - Can't find dependent libraries
          Hendrik Schmidt

Hello,

first , please give in your Problem description the versions of DB, Product, OS .

I think in the same Directory where the SQL developerexe located, is a sqlplus.

Can you start this?

find only:

regards

additional there is an own community for SQL developer

• 2. Re: SQL Developer - Can't find dependent libraries
            Dude!

C:\oracle\product\11.2.0.4\bin\ocijdbc11.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

Do you have Oracle database installed? Do you know that SQL Developer is included when you install Oracle Database? Are you executing SQL Developer that is included in the initial database installation, or are you trying to execute another SQL developer installation. In case of the later,  you may have to adjust the library path accordingly.

• 3. Re: SQL Developer - Can't find dependent libraries
              MateuszH

Please install oracle client...

• 4. Re: SQL Developer - Can't find dependent libraries

however when I check locally the ocijdbc11.dll is in the correct folder directory. How do I overcome this error?

Use the basic connection - it doesn't need or use an Oracle client.

• 5. Re: SQL Developer - Can't find dependent libraries
                  Gary Graham-Oracle

Or (if you really need to use JDBC OCI/Thick connections) you must correctly configure

Tools > Preferences > Database > Advanced > Use Oracle Client and Use OCI/Thick driver

Be especially careful to verify there are no failures generated by the Test button in Use Oracle Client

You don't say which SQL Developer release you are using, but be aware that the Oracle client ocijdbc dll version should match the ojdbc jar version which ships with SQL Developer for best results...

SQL Developer  OJDBC

3.2.x                  11.2.0.3

4.0.x                  11.2.0.3

4.1.x                  12.1.0.2

4.2.x                  12.2.0.1

17.2.x                  12.2.0.1