7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2017 3:05 AM by Buntoro

Monitor Sessions not showing current sql

EdStevens

SQL Dev 17.2.0.188 64-bit on Win7 Pro

Am doing side-by-side comparisons between SQL Dev and SQL Navigator, hopeing to be able to drop SQL Nav and save the money.

As one test I have a somewhat long running PL/SQL script that performs several sql statements, and also calls some stored procedures which of course have their own activity. While this is running (from sql plus, at a command line, not within either product) I put SQL Dev on one screen and SQL Nav on the other.  In each I open their respective session browser tool and select the test session, and the 'current sql' tab.  Set both to auto-refresh the view every 10 seconds.  What I see is that SQL Nav will show a sql statement, while at the very same time SQL Dev reports "No text available".  I can watch each "blink" when it refreshes the view, within 1 second of each other, and consistently SQL Nav will show me some sql from my test session, while SQL Dev continues to insist "No text available"  In both products I am connected to the database with the same account, having the DBA role.