2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2017 3:24 PM by rp0428

"minus one from read call" error while connecting from sql developer

Hi all,

I'm getting foll. error while trying to connect from sql developer and some applications are not working as well except oracle EBS.

An error was encountered performing the requested operation:

IO Error: Got minus one from a read call

Vendor code 17002

db is RAC and there was no issue at all & client connectivity was working well before I added a new ASM diskgroup recently. pl help to resolve. 

-

regards,

Mahesh Patil

• 1. Re: "minus one from read call" error while connecting from sql developer
          thatJeffSmith-Oracle

db is RAC and there was no issue at all & client connectivity was working well before I added a new ASM diskgroup recently. pl help to resolve

I would open an SR with My Oracle Support. I don't think your ASM bits are a coincidence. And definitely check your database alert logs.

• 2. Re: "minus one from read call" error while connecting from sql developer

I'm getting foll. error while trying to connect from sql developer and some applications are not working as well except oracle EBS.

An error was encountered performing the requested operation:

IO Error: Got minus one from a read call

Vendor code 17002

db is RAC and there was no issue at all & client connectivity was working well before I added a new ASM diskgroup recently. pl help to resolve.

If you want help you have to SHOW US:

1. WHAT you do

2. HOW you do it

3. WHAT results you get

There are SEVERAL ways to connect using sql dev (oci, thin, lite client) and MANY versions of sql dev and the JDBC driver that you might be using.

We can't try to guess what is is you are doing or what versions you are doing it with.

You also need to take the lead in troubleshooting the problem:

1. Can you connect using sql*plus?

2. Can you connect directly on the server?

3. Can you connect using a simple Java app?