4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2017 10:25 AM by Jibu-Oracle

Can we exclude specific files from fs_clone?

Vijay.Cherukuri-Oracle

Hi, We are on EBS 12.2.5 with ad-C.8 applied. Our Customer have a requirement to exclude few custom files from fs_clone process .

I know that we can use ADOP_SYNC.DRV (Doc ID 2167878.1) to sync custom configuration files with fs_clone. Is there anyway to exclude files from fs_clone? Please provide me  the appropriate steps or mos notes if there is way .

Thank you

Vijay Cherukuri..

• 1. Re: Can we exclude specific files from fs_clone?
          Jibu-Oracle

The file adop_sync.drv will have details for the files to sync. If there is a requirement to exclude few custom files from fs_clone process, then you need to remove those file from your customization part itself fs_clone will recreate the patch file system same as Run file system, It cannot exclude any partial set of file when it is created as per the standard customization procedure

• 2. Re: Can we exclude specific files from fs_clone?
            Prashant Umap

Hello Vijay,

I agree with Jibu, you can not exclude any partial set of files.

Prashant Umap

• 3. Re: Can we exclude specific files from fs_clone?
              Vijay.Cherukuri-Oracle

Thank you Jibu. I see there is option  to exclude directories from  adop .

adop phase=prepare sync_mode=delta

Prepare Parameters:
                  skipsyncerror=(yes|no)  [default: no]
                      Specifies whether to ignore errors that may occur during incremental
                      file system synchronization.  This might happen if you applied
                      a patch in the previous patching cycle that had errors but decided
                      to continue with the cutover.  When the patch is synchronized on
                      the next patching cycle, the apply errors may occur again, but
                      can be ignored.

sync_mode=(delta|patch) [default: patch]   ==========================================>>> I would like to know more detail about this option ??
                      Specifies the method used to synchronize the patch file system
                      with the run file system.
                      'delta' mode uses the file system synchronization command specified
                      in $AD_TOP/patch/115/etc/delta_sync_drv.txt.
                      'patch' mode reapplies the patches that were applied on
                      the run file system.

Can you please provide sample example how can we add files in delta_sync_drv.txt .?

-Thanks

Vijay Cherukuri..

• 4. Re: Can we exclude specific files from fs_clone?
                Jibu-Oracle

This just specify method of file synchronization, it is not to skip sync_mode [prepare] In the prepare phase, specify method of file synchronization. patch/delta Default value is 'patch', where adop will synchronize the file systems by applying patches applied in the previous patching cycle to the patch file system. As a faster alternative, you can specify the parameter/value pair sync_mode=delta to synchronize the file systems by running a user-specified third-party file synchronization (copy) utility. The delta_sync_drv.txt file includes examples for setting up synchronization using rsync on UNIX skipsyncerror=(yes|no) is just to skip errors in the previous patching but to decide whether to skip or not  those and continue cutover

1 person found this helpful