1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2017 7:44 PM by EdStevens Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Insert operation disallowed on virtual columns
        user12251389

Gary is right it seems there is no possbility of inserting using virtual column. I took a small example of a local table in which i exported a single insert statement and try to insert the same in my local but throw the same error

• 16. Re: Insert operation disallowed on virtual columns
          EdStevens

user12251389 wrote:

Gary is right it seems there is no possbility of inserting using virtual column. I took a small example of a local table in which i exported a single insert statement and try to insert the same in my local but throw the same error

And to repeat what Gary said in response # 4:

If you are using SQL Developer's table Export... feature to create a script with those insert statements, then it is true by default that the script will include virtual columns.  Currently Step 2 of the Export wizard allows the user to exclude certain columns, so that is what you will need to do as a workaround.

I'm not strong enough on SQL Dev to know if you could set that up as a repeatable script to run on demand.

Another approach, if you need semi-automated repeat ability, would be to create scripts that extract the data in a csv (obviously selecting just the non-virtual columns), then use sqlldr to load it into the test tables.

1 2 Previous Next