7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2017 9:25 AM by Samya-Sourav - Senior Support Engineer -Oracle

Sharing The Application Tier File System in 12.2

FDowns

Hi.

I am busy trying to doing a trial implementation of a dual applications tier system using the instructions in this document;

"Sharing The Application Tier File System in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1375769.1)"

I have done multiple test implementations, but I keep ending up with a secondary node in which the URLs on the home page point to the URLs of the primary node.

I am reasonably confident that I am doing most of the steps correctly, but there is one part of the documentation which I am a bit unsure about.

Step 4.3.5 says...

4.3.5 Register the new Topology [Required]

Follow the instructions given in section 5.3.2.4-5.3.2.7 ( Register the new topology from the newly added application tier node) of My Oracle Support Note Knowledge document Cloning Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 with Rapid Clone (Doc ID 1383621.1) to register the new topology after adding the nodes.

The reference document goes on to say the following;

1. "The OHS configuration files mod_wl_ohs.conf and apps.conf will contain entries of managed servers from all Application tier nodes. If any of these managed servers are not desired to be part of the cluster configuration on the current node, execute the following command to delete details of these managed servers from the OHS configuration files mod_wl_ohs.conf and apps.conf on the current node"

2. "If any of the managed servers from the newly added node are desired to be part of the cluster configuration on the current node, execute the following command to add details of these managed servers into the OHS configuration files mod_wl_ohs.conf and apps.conf on the current node:"

My question is .. "If I don't want to change the managed servers on either of the tiers can I skip running txkSetAppsConf.pl?"

Thanks

Frank