9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2017 10:27 AM by mardi

FRM-92120:fatal error registry.dat missing forms 12c using java web start

DaveX

I am running forms version 12.2.1.2.0 on windows 7 running Java 1.8.0_131-b11 and I am using Java web start to run a form. I am getting the following error

Any idea what causes this?

• 2. Re: FRM-92120:fatal error registry.dat missing forms 12c using java web start
          DaveX

Just to make sure I added this to the JNLP file that I use to run the form

<param name="legacy_lifecycle" value="false"/>

and I still get the same error. Also, when I try to run the form I get two Java processes launched, one with the title in the JNLP file, and one called 'Test form'.

• 3. Re: FRM-92120:fatal error registry.dat missing forms 12c using java web start
            Michael Ferrante-Oracle

Oleh Tyshchenko

The legacy_lifecycle issue was corrected in 12.2.1.1+, so the Support note you mentioned does not apply here.

DaveX

Try using the hostname rather than "localhost".  Also, if you haven't already tested, try running both tests within Internet Explorer.  Use the test form.  Before running each test, clear the Java Plugin Cache.

http://<hostname>:9001/forms/frmservlet?form=test

http://localhost:9001/forms/frmservlet?form=test

If both work in IE, then the issue is likely an FMW config issue.  If the issue reproduces in IE, there may be a machine config issue.  For example a change that is needed in the hosts file.  That said, it is recommended that the Windows Loopback Adapter be installed before installing the FMW software.  Did you do that?

• 4. Re: FRM-92120:fatal error registry.dat missing forms 12c using java web start
              Oleh Tyshchenko

Michael Ferrante-Oracle wrote:

Oleh Tyshchenko

The legacy_lifecycle issue was corrected in 12.2.1.1+, so the Support note you mentioned does not apply here.

I'm sorry for this. Sure I read the bug description on MOS. But Java error stack looked exactly as in the note so I could not stop myself from posting the answer

• 5. Re: FRM-92120:fatal error registry.dat missing forms 12c using java web start
                DaveX

Using

javaws "http://localhost:8888/forms/frmservlet?config=ER&form=htmlpage&userid=x/x@x

and

javaws "http://servername:8888/forms/frmservlet?config=ER&form=htmlpage&userid=x/x@x

I now get FRM-92160 fatal error: web client version is too old with <j2se version="1.7.0+" href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se"/> in the jnlp file when I am running JRE version 1.8.0_131-b11 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM. So I am not sure what is going on. As I said in my last post I get two Windows processes created and one jp2launcher process that does not terminate when the process is exited. Using the JNLP file I get the original error with the two Windows processes. The JNLP file is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> 

<!-- JNLP File to test webstart with Forms Application --> 

<jnlp 

spec="1.7+" 

codebase="http://localhost:9001/forms/java/">

href=""> 

<information> 

<title>Test form</title>

<vendor>XXXXXX</vendor>

<description>Test JNLP launcher.</description>

<description kind="short">Test application</description>

<icon kind="shortcut" href="/forms/java/x.gif"  />

<icon kind="splash" href="/forms/java/x.gif" />

<icon kind="default" href="/forms/java/x.gif"  />

</information> 

<security> 

<all-permissions/> 

</security> 

<resources> 

<j2se version="1.7+"/> 

<jar href="frmall.jar"/> 

<extension name="Extensions" href="/forms/java/extensions.jnlp"/>

</resources> 

<applet-desc name="OracleForms" main-class="oracle.forms.engine.Main" width="1" height="1"> 

<param name="height" value="630" /> 

<param name="width" value="810" /> 

<param name="serverURL" value="/forms/lservlet?ifcfs=/forms/frmservlet?form=htmlpage.fmx&#38;userid=xx/xx@xx&#38;config=ER&#38;ifsessid=&#38;acceptLanguage=en-us"/> 

<param name="lookAndFeel" value="oracle" /> 

<param name="colorScheme" value="swan" /> 

<param name="logo" value="no"/>

<param name="splashScreen"  value="no"/>

<param name="background"  value="no"/>

<param name="pageTitle" value="Test form" />

<param name="webstartRequest" value="true"/>

<param name="separateFrame" value="true"/>

<param name="codebase" value="/forms/java"/>

<param name="imageBase" value="codebase"/>

<param name="isResizable" value="true"/>

<param name="idleTimeout" value="600"/>

<param name="centerOnStartup" value="true"/>

<param name="webformsTitle" value="Passed in!!!"/>

<param name="legacy_lifecycle" value="false"/>

<param name="serverArgs" value="%serverArgs%"/>

</applet-desc> 

</jnlp> 

So it appears that the Test Form title comes from the information tag in the JNLP file which should be on the splash screen

• 6. Re: FRM-92120:fatal error registry.dat missing forms 12c using java web start
                  Michael Ferrante-Oracle

Dave,

First, the "Client too new"/"Client too old" error has nothing to do with the Java version you are running.  That is a reference to the Forms client (e.g. frmall.jar).  A message suggesting "too old", means that you have a jar file cached from an older version or older patch than the server side runtime version.  This can occurred for a variety of reasons.  Here are just a few examples of what might cause the "too old" error:

1.  You previously had an older version installed on the same server you are trying to access now.  You need to clear the Java cache on the user machine and retry.  If after doing this the error is the same, go to the next item.

2.  Your server is one of several servers which are front-ended by a load balancer or other proxy server. A server in the set of more than one is running a version older than the one you just hit that resulted in this error.

3.  You have intentionally or unintentionally replace frmall.jar with an older version than the one that was installed with the product.  As a general statement, you should never replace any files delivered with the product unless instructed to do so by the product documentation or the Oracle Support team.

Second, assuming you are actually running 12.2.1.2, the jnlp output sent to the user appears altered from what I would expect.  This means that again, you have either intentionally or unintentionally replaced or altered files provided by the installation.  In the case of configuration files, you certainly can modify them.  However, you should NEVER copy config files from earlier versions and drop them into a newer version.  Similarly, you should not expect that parameters from an old version will work in a newer version.  So, as an example, I can see that your jnlp includes serverArgs.  This is not valid in 12.2.1.2.

I recommend that you carefully review your installation and revert it back to its state immediately upon installation and retest.  Likely something you have attempted to customized is invalid and causing this problem.  If this is a test installation and you are mostly confident that the Oracle Home is sound and the problem exists only in config, then you can easily delete the domain and recreate it without having to reinstall everything.  You would have to drop the Repo schemas and recreate them though.

• 7. Re: FRM-92120:fatal error registry.dat missing forms 12c using java web start
                    Mak k

I Dave , Please confirm if this issue has been fixed or not ?

• 8. Re: FRM-92120:fatal error registry.dat missing forms 12c using java web start
                      Michael Ferrante-Oracle

Confirm that what issue has been fixed or not?? There is no issue using Web Start in 12.2.1.2.

I do see that you have separateFrame=true, which is not valid for Web Start.  Set this to false.  After correcting this, clear your Java cache and restest.  Note that when you clear the Java cache, it is also a good idea to remove the JWS applications that are also cached.  This is cleared on the Cache Viewer dialog.

jws_cache_viewer.gif

• 9. Re: FRM-92120:fatal error registry.dat missing forms 12c using java web start
                        mardi

Hi Dave,

with Forms 12.2.1.2, Java WebStart mode, in formsweb.cfg and parameter "serverApp":

if serverApp= or if not defined in JNLP file

then an attempt to read the file ${DOMAIN_HOME}/config/fmwconfig/servers/WLS_FORMS/applications/formsapp_12.2.1/config/oracle/forms/registry/Registry.dat is done, but it can't be reached.

if serverApp=default and defined in JNLP file

then an attempt to read the file ${DOMAIN_HOME}config/fmwconfig/servers/WLS_FORMS/applications/formsapp_12.2.1/config/default.dat is done, but this file not exist.

my solution was:

- to define serverApp=default in formsweb.cfg

- to define <param name="serverApp" value="%serverApp%"/> in JNLP file

- and to make a copy of

${DOMAIN_HOME}/config/fmwconfig/servers/WLS_FORMS/applications/formsapp_12.2.1/config/oracle/forms/registry/Registry.dat

in

${DOMAIN_HOME}/config/fmwconfig/servers/WLS_FORMS/applications/formsapp_12.2.1/config/default.dat

Didier