9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2017 12:13 PM by 3243283

LCM Data Load Rules

Hi everyone,

we need to move from certification to production a large amount of data load rules. The rules contain values for the following parameters:

p_delete_data

p_batch_name

we figured out that the LCM export of FDMEE artifacts do not contain these values.

How can I comfortably move these from one environemnt to another?

Many thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: LCM Data Load Rules
          JohnGoodwin

Which version of FDMEE? I take it this is for open interface adaptor rules, are you saying the LCM exported "Data Load Rule.xml" does not contain the source options, an example in 11.1.2.4.210 is:

Cheers

John

• 2. Re: LCM Data Load Rules

We are on 11.1.2.3.

Yes, I am talking about the "source filters". The value assigned in development for these parameters, we simply do not find it in production environment, even after a full (all FDMEE artifacts) LCM export.

• 3. Re: LCM Data Load Rules
              JohnGoodwin

It should still export the source options, have you checked the "Data Load Rule.xml" file to see if the source filters are in the LCM file.

You can also check the FDMEE database tables on the target environment, if you look at AIF_BALANCE_RULES and AIF_BAL_RULE_PARAMS you should see if the values have been imported, I know if there are inconsistencies with the parameter_id then they will not show in the rule, it is possible to edit/insert into the AIF_BAL_RULE_PARAMS table to display the source filters though it has to be done correctly.

• 4. Re: LCM Data Load Rules

Hereunder is a portion of the Data Load Rule.xml (it is repeated as many times as the number of the data load rules extracted). indeed I can see:

<RuleParamsForLcmVO>

<RuleParamsForLcmVORow>

<ParameterId>22</ParameterId>

<ParameterValue>NET_LOAD_GROUP</ParameterValue>

</RuleParamsForLcmVORow>

<RuleParamsForLcmVORow>

<ParameterId>23</ParameterId>

<ParameterValue>Y</ParameterValue>

</RuleParamsForLcmVORow>

</RuleParamsForLcmVO>

So this should mean that the two parameters are extracted (see parameterID 22 and 23)... now I should see on the production FDMEE DB whether these parameters were imported or not. At the moment unfortunately I cannot access the Production DB of the client. As soon as I regain access I will update this thread.

Many thanks for your support John.

• 5. Re: LCM Data Load Rules
                  Francisco Amores

Hi,

that's a known bug in FDMEE. ParameterId should not be exported as they will be different in target environment.

If you have access to the DB, you can change parameter id accordingly after you import with LCM.

Regards

• 6. Re: LCM Data Load Rules

Indeed it is bug. This is solved in 11.1.2.4.210.

• 7. Re: LCM Data Load Rules
                      JohnGoodwin

Even though it is a bug as you are still on 11.1.2.3 there is a workaround by updating the parameter ids in AIF_BAL_RULE_PARAMS after an LCM import or in "Data Load Rule.xml" before an LCM import.

• 8. Re: LCM Data Load Rules
                        Francisco Amores

Of course :-)

• 9. Re: LCM Data Load Rules

Yes we are adopting the workaround