Additional information will be in the debug log. Put your page in debug mode, locate the error, and post the details.
Well, I put the page in debug mode (using the developer bar button), but I didn't see anything related to this error message in the debug console.
By the way, I once or twice met the same error (Error: Not Found) on the Page Designer window. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce and catch it right now, but if I do, I will share a screenshot.
Is there anything similar to alert.log where I can see APEX engine exceptions?
1 person found this helpful
Using trial and error method, I eventually found what was the reason of this problem.
So, the exception was related to Popup LOV component on the modal page window. When I changed the type of this component to Select, the exceptions stopped to reproduce.
I still don't know what was wrong with it and what I could or should change in the component properties, but at least it fixed the problem.
I still think it is an APEX bug. Maybe I would change my opinion if somebody expalined me the nature of the problem and how to handle it.
Now I get the same error on pages where there's no Popup LOV component. I don't know why it helped previously, but seems these facts are somehow connected, but it's not the solution
So now it's obvious that some XHR query can't be finished, and that's why this exception appears. Then on my second try, totally the same query finishes without any problem. Maybe it's a known jQuery problem? Does anybody know any workaround?
1 person found this helpful
This error somehow correlates with Application List of Values Shared Components. And with components which base on this List of Values (Select List, Popup LOV, Select2, Report Columns based on LOV).
I proved it by eliminating columns based on LOV in my report, and also by changing the type of Select List component on my form to Text Field components. It doesn't fit my needs, but after doing this I stopped to get the 'Not Found' error.
Also, it seems, only big Dynamic List of Values (I have one with about 5k rows) causes the error.
Ok, I sorted the problem out myself.
It indeed turned out that the reason of the problem was in the items based on List of Values. And only if these List of Values base on pipelined functions which return plenty of rows (for example, more than 1 thousand).
This is what happens:
- A user wants to submit a page where there're several items based on LOV. For example, several Popup LOV items.
- APEX engine accepts the request, tries to fetch rows from LOV, but don't need all of them, and tries to close the cursor.
- Pipelined fuction raises the exception - ORA-06548: no more rows needed.
- APEX engine reacts inadequately on it, and returns 404 (Not Found) as a result of the request.
- APEX show process wraps this exception and returns to the User - this is why I saw it in the inline error notification block.
As you already guessed, the solution for this is to suppress the pipelined function exceptions. And when I did this, everything starts to work ok and without any error.
So now I'm sure that this is an Oracle APEX bug - the reaction on pipelined exceptions is extremely weird, intransparent for developers and users, and not even properly logged.