7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2017 10:14 AM by 979524

Patch in R12.1 instance

I want to apply patch in EBS R12.1 instance. We have 3 node in app tier and not using shared appl_top.

How I will apply patch ?

Can I apply patch in on instance and this will apply patch in other instance too .. like all_nodes=yes in R12.2?

do I need to copy patches to all nodes if single command work? and need shared locations for patches?

Do I need to manually apply patch in each instance?

• 1. Re: Patch in R12.1 instance
          Jibu-Oracle

Hi,

I want to apply patch in EBS R12.1 instance. We have 3 node in app tier and not using shared appl_top.

How I will apply patch ?

Answer >> Using adpatch normal options, you have to apply in all the 3 nodes

Can I apply patch in on instance and this will apply patch in other instance too .. like all_nodes=yes in R12.2?

Answer >> In 12.2 the architecture is different, you need enable passwordless ssh connectivity configured between nodes enables this feature

do I need to copy patches to all nodes if single command work? and need shared locations for patches?

Answer>> You can keep any location accessible in these nodes to place the patch

Do I need to manually apply patch in each instance?

Yes as because it is not a shared file system

Hope this answers your question

Thanks

Jibu

• 2. Re: Patch in R12.1 instance

To apply on second node, do I need to mention in options = ?

To apply NLS transalated patch (Arabic) in EBS.

1 - Just copy the Arabic version of patch, extract , and navigate to patch dir

2 - execute adpatch -> provide patch location -> and patch name ; xxx.drv?

please confirm / or any specific command to apply Arabic version patch?

After applying English patch, do we need to mention options=nodatabaseportion , etc .....

• 3. Re: Patch in R12.1 instance

To apply on second node, do I need to mention in options = ?

To apply NLS transalated patch (Arabic) in EBS.

1 - Just copy the Arabic version of patch, extract , and navigate to patch dir

2 - execute adpatch -> provide patch location -> and patch name ; xxx.drv?

please confirm / or any specific command to apply Arabic version patch?

After applying English patch, do we need to mention options=nodatabaseportion , etc .....

• 4. Re: Patch in R12.1 instance
                Jibu-Oracle

Since it is not a shared file system , the command in primary and secondary will be same for patch application

There is no specific options to be mentioned unless it is suggested in the patch readme

• 5. Re: Patch in R12.1 instance

Thanks for the update. Please give idea about language patch for the above query

• 6. Re: Patch in R12.1 instance
                    Jibu-Oracle

No specific command to apply Arabic version patch

Hope this answers to your query

• 7. Re: Patch in R12.1 instance

Thanks for the update