4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2017 10:47 AM by SQL_Users

EBS Version With ADF

SQL_Users

Hello,

I would like to know which version of EBS has Oracle ADF instead of OAF?

Appreciate any insight.

• 1. Re: EBS Version With ADF
          Jibu-Oracle

Hi ,

Oracle ADF can be integrated externally, by default OAF is available with EBS

You may refer the following Note for details

FAQ for Integration of Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) Applications (Doc ID 1296491.1)

Hope this helps

Thanks

Jibu

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: EBS Version With ADF
            SQL_Users

If I understand correctly,

• Oracle ADF application is deployed to a separate application server (Weblogic or other JEE application servers) and launch the application using ADFX function from EBS
            • EBS 12.1.3 and above versions do support the integration of ADF (External) and EBS

I do have one or two questions as well

• Which version of JDeveloper with ADF libraries (JARS) to be used for development in order to deploy Weblogic 10.1.3.5 and 10.1.3.6?
            • Does JDeveloper have AppsDataSource to connect to EBS?

Looking forward to having a response for my above questions.

Regards

• 3. Re: EBS Version With ADF
              Jibu-Oracle

Hi Chacks

What versions of ADF and Oracle WebLogic Server should I use?

We have tested with versions 11.1.1.6 and 11.1.1.5 of JDeveloper Studio (ADF) and Oracle WebLogic Server 10.1.3.5 and 10.1.3.6. We recommend that you use these later versions of ADF and Oracle WebLogic server.

What is the Oracle E-Business Suite Software Development Kit for Java (EBS SDK for Java)?

The Oracle E-Business Suite Software Development Kit for Java (EBS SDK for Java) includes AppsDataSource, Java Authentication and Authorization Service, and Utilities for Oracle E-Business Suite. These features are meant for use with Java EE programs deployed in application servers on external nodes, that is, nodes other than those where the Oracle E-Business Suite is installed.

Reference: 1296491.1

If you refer multiples questions/answers in the following FAQ clarifies the details

FAQ for Integration of Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) Applications (Doc ID 1296491.1)

Hope this answers to your query

Thanks

Jibu

• 4. Re: EBS Version With ADF
                SQL_Users

Excellent, thanks for the clarifications to my queries, much appreciated.