1 2 Previous Next 28 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2017 3:57 PM by 3468056

Getting Blank Page after cloning EBS R12.2

Hi Team,

I am getting the blank page after cloning the EBS R12.2 instance. I am compiled all the JSP using ojspCompile.pl, but even after that I am seeing the frontend login blank page, all the services are up and running in the backend. Please let me know what action to take to resolve this.

Thanks,

MKhan

• 1. Re: Getting Blank Page after cloning EBS R12.2
          Jibu-Oracle

Hi,

Please check if the following helps in your case

1. Shutdown the EBS services.

2. Check if  JAVA_JIT_ENABLED parameter: is enabled, if yes then

(Source the database environment file)

sqlplus / as sysdba

alter system set JAVA_JIT_ENABLED= FALSE scope = both;

3. Run autoconfig on the database node and then application node.

4. Execute the below sql again to confirm that the guest user password validation is working (should returns Y):

sqlplus apps/<apps password>

select fnd_web_sec.validate_password('GUEST','ORACLE') from dual;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y

5. Retest the issue by closing and reopening browser to access the login page.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Jibu

• 2. Re: Getting Blank Page after cloning EBS R12.2

Hi Jibu,

Thanks for the reply..

I have checked our working environments but the parameter JAVA_JIT_ENABLED is set to TRUE and validate password for the guest user returned N, but our system is working fine.

Please provide other action plan.

Thanks,

MKhan

• 3. Re: Getting Blank Page after cloning EBS R12.2
              mdtaylor

That is the correct action plan.  You should not be able to get the login page to work in working environments when the guest user fails validation.

EBS R12 Login Page Is Not Coming Up - java.lang.RuntimeException: Guest user/pwd does not exist or match: GUEST/ORACLE (Doc ID 1673030.1)

• 4. Re: Getting Blank Page after cloning EBS R12.2

The above document applied to 12.1.3 and our version is 12.2.4

Thanks for the reply.

• 5. Re: Getting Blank Page after cloning EBS R12.2
                  mdtaylor

Open your oacore FMW logs and resolve the error that is presented.

• 6. Re: Getting Blank Page after cloning EBS R12.2

After checking the log files I see the issue is with the GUEST password.

Can I follow the same note id (Doc ID 1673030.1) for our R12.2 environment ?

In the Autoconfig log I see the message.

adgendbc.sh exiting with status 0

ERRORCODE = 0 ERRORCODE_END

.end std out.

Unable to update GUEST_USER_PWD in database to GUEST/BWINT - Password was not changed

In the oacore_server1.log I see the message

####<Sep 11, 2017 12:23:59 PM EDT> <Error> <ServletContext-/OA_HTML> <apps_host> <oacore_server1> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <005MElQbyNL6UO5_zP^AyW0000Ht00000w> <1505147039616> <BEA-000000> <chain failed

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: Guest user/pwd does not exist or match: GUEST/BWINT

at weblogic.servlet.jsp.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:417)

• 7. Re: Getting Blank Page after cloning EBS R12.2
                      mdtaylor

Try setting JAVA_JIT_ENABLED to false as requested and see if that allows autoconfig to complete successfully.

• 8. Re: Getting Blank Page after cloning EBS R12.2

I set JAVA_JIT_ENABLED=FALSE and ran the autoconfig on the DB and application nodes. Autoconfig completed successfully on all the DB and APPS nodes.

I still see the message  in the autoconfig log. Do I need to change the GUEST user password ?

===========================================

Unique constraint error (00001) is OK if key already exists

Creating the DBC file...

Application server ID already exists for this host - loading..

ADD executed successfully - /d001/EBS/12.2.4/<SID>/fs1/inst/apps/<SID_hostname>/appl/fnd/12.0.0/secure/<SID>.dbc

Updating Server Security Authentication

AUTHENTICATION SECURE executed successfully - /d001/EBS/12.2.4/<SID>/fs1/inst/apps/<SID_hostname>/appl/fnd/12.0.0/secure/<SID>.dbc

adgendbc.sh ended at Mon Sep 11 16:26:19 EDT 2017

adgendbc.sh exiting with status 0

ERRORCODE = 0 ERRORCODE_END

.end std out.

Unable to update GUEST_USER_PWD in database to GUEST/BWINT - Password was not changed

=================================================

SQL>  select fnd_profile.value('GUEST_USER_PWD') from dual;

FND_PROFILE.VALUE('GUEST_USER_PWD')

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SQL> select FND_WEB_SEC.VALIDATE_LOGIN('GUEST','ORACLE') from dual;

FND_WEB_SEC.VALIDATE_LOGIN('GUEST','ORACLE')

N

• 9. Re: Getting Blank Page after cloning EBS R12.2

Please let me know what is the next action I can take ..

• 10. Re: Getting Blank Page after cloning EBS R12.2
                            mdtaylor

After you ran autoconfig on the DB did you bounce the DB?  Please connect as sysdba and type show parameter jit.

Also, on the appTier check the GUEST password in the $CONTEXT_FILE:

grep s_guest_pass $CONTEXT_FILE

<password oa_var="s_guest_pass">ORACLE</password>

• 11. Re: Getting Blank Page after cloning EBS R12.2

After running the autoconfig on the DB, I have not bounced the DB.

SQL> show parameter jit

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE

------------------------------------ ----------- ------------------------------

java_jit_enabled                     boolean     FALSE

applmgr@bvbebsat22(pts/4): grep s_guest_pass $CONTEXT_FILE

<password oa_var="s_guest_pass" customized="yes">BWINT</password>

• 12. Re: Getting Blank Page after cloning EBS R12.2
                                mdtaylor

Connect as apps and execute:

select FND_WEB_SEC.VALIDATE_LOGIN('GUEST','BWINT') from dual;

• 13. Re: Getting Blank Page after cloning EBS R12.2

SQL> select FND_WEB_SEC.VALIDATE_LOGIN('GUEST','BWINT') from dual;

FND_WEB_SEC.VALIDATE_LOGIN('GUEST','BWINT')

N

• 14. Re: Getting Blank Page after cloning EBS R12.2
                                    mdtaylor

Please bounce the DB after completing autoconfig run, run autoconfig again on the appTier and provide the log section showing the current failures around GUEST password and adgendbc.sh

12.2 E-Business Suite Login Fails With Error 'The Server Encountered An Unexpected Condition Which Prevented It From Fulfilling The Request' (Doc ID 1939900.1)

How To Successfully Change The Guest Password In E-Business Suite 11.5.10 and R12 (Doc ID 443353.1)

1 2 Previous Next