11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2017 2:17 AM by Beauty_and_dBest

Install  EBS 12.2.7

Beauty_and_dBest

Hi ALL,

I download EBS Installer 12.2.0 and 12.2.7 and patch with startCD 51, then run buildStage.sh.

Below is the output:

Capture2.GIF

Then I run rapidwiz to install EBS. But the output is 12.2.0

Capture.GIF

How do I convert  it to 12.2.7?

Kind regards,

jc

• 1. Re: Install  EBS 12.2.0
          mdtaylor

Hi jc,

Just like every other 12.2 installation, you get 12.2.0 from rapidwiz and have to upgrade to 12.2.7 by following the 12.2.7 Readme.

Oracle E-Business Suite Release Notes, Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1320300.1)

Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.2) for Linux x86-64 (Doc ID 1330701.1)

Applying the Latest AD and TXK Release Update Packs to Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1617461.1)

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2: Consolidated List of Patches and Technology Bug Fixes (Doc ID 1594274.1)

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.7 Readme (Doc ID 2230783.1)

Useful 12.2 Documents (Doc ID 1585889.1)

Regards,

Michael

• 2. Re: Install  EBS 12.2.0
            Beauty_and_dBest

Thanks Michael,

I understand we downloaded 12.2.7 and 12.2.0.

I thought the buildStage was responsible to merge it to full-pledged  one package 12.2.7 installer.

So the unzip part did not touch the 12.2.7 files? or do I need to unzip it separately?

Kind regards,

• 3. Re: Install  EBS 12.2.0
              mdtaylor

Hi jc,

The BuildStage only creates 12.2.0.  You need to download the 10 12.2.7 maintenance pack zip files from V930257-01* and unzip and apply per the 12.2.7 Readme.

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 10.00.28 AM.png

Regards,

Michael

• 4. Re: Install  EBS 12.2.0
                Samya-Sourav - Senior Support Engineer -Oracle

Hi,

Please refer the following Oracle note :

12.2 E-Business Suite Applications Installation Rapid Install Steps To Create the Stage Directories In Preparation For A 12.2 Installation (Doc ID 1596433.1)

Regards,

Samya Sourav

• 5. Re: Install  EBS 12.2.0
                  Beauty_and_dBest

Hi Micheal,

Thanks Michael and Samya.

The BuildStage only creates 12.2.0.  You need to download the 10 12.2.7 maintenance pack zip files from V930257-01* and unzip and apply per the 12.2.7 Readme.

Capture.PNG

Hi Michael, actually all of the above was already downloaded below, together with 12.2.0.

Now I know.... I need to process it separately.

I just thought the buildStage will merge it to 12.2.0  and become a full-blown 12.2.7 complete installer

Capture2.PNG.

Kind regards,

• 6. Re: Install  EBS 12.2.0
                    Beauty_and_dBest

Hi Michael and ALL,

I have problem with reading comprehension for support docs notes (Doc ID 2230783.1)

>>>Section 3: Upgrade Database to 11.2.0.4 or higher  << I do not need this, right?

>>>Section 4: Apply Required Database Patches and Update Database Initialization Parameters << I do not need this, right?

Below section seems not clear for me:

>>>

Capture.PNG

What does it mean by new installation? Do I need this?

>>>Section 6: Apply the Latest AD and TXK Delta Release Update Packs  << I do not need this, right?

>>>Section 8: Apply Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.7 Release Update Pack << This the only one I need to run?

Please help confirm....

Kind regards,

• 7. Re: Install  EBS 12.2.0
                      mdtaylor

Hi jc,

Most of these notes have multiple sections, one for new installations (fresh install of 12.2.0 that you want to upgrade to 12.2.7, and another for upgrade installations (existing 12.2.X instance that you want to now upgrade to 12.2.7).

For your questions:

Section 3 - Since the DB is already on 12.1.0.2, you do not need to upgrade.

Section 4 - You must do this as shown in steps 1.4 and 1.5 below

Section 5 - Consolidated Seed Table Upgrade patch is very important and shown in step 2.2 below

Section 6 - You need this as shown in step 2.3 below.

I always use the Oracle E-Business Suite Release Notes, Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1320300.1) as my primary guide for a fresh installation of 12.2, then jump to the latest maintenance pack Readme as the last step.

From the 12.2 Release Notes, you must complete the following sections once the install of 12.2.0 completes. 

Oracle E-Business Suite Release Notes, Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1320300.1)

1.4 Required Technology Patches

1.5 Apply latest application tier technology patches to run file system - Use Patch 17537119 EBS Technology Codelevel Checker and/or Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2: Consolidated List of Patches and Technology Bug Fixes (Doc ID 1594274.1)

1.6 Set Database Parameter (Conditional)

1.7 Verify oraInst.loc (UNIX only)

1.8 Fix Timestamp Mismatch Issues for Synonym, View, Package and Package Body

1.9 Create Snapshot

2.2 Apply Consolidated Seed Table Upgrade Patch 17204589:12.2.0

2.3 Apply the latest AD and TXK Release Update Pack for Release 12.2 - Use Applying the Latest AD and TXK Release Update Packs to Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1617461.1)

2.4 Apply the latest Oracle E-Business Suite Release Update Pack for Release 12.2 - Here is where you jump to Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.7 Readme (Doc ID 2230783.1)

Regards,

Michael

• 8. Re: Install  EBS 12.2.0
                        Beauty_and_dBest

Thanks Michael,

I thought with startCD 51 there is lesser work to do

Is there VM image available yet for 12.2.7

Kind regards,

• 9. Re: Install  EBS 12.2.0
                          mdtaylor

Hi jc,

There is much less work after startCD 51.  Previously, you had to upgrade the database to 12.1.0.2 or 11.2.0.4 plus apply a couple dozen database patches, then upgrade the FMW 11.1.1.6 to 11.1.1.7 or 11.1.1.9 plus apply a bunch of technology patches.  The latest startCD brings you current in technology stack as of about Feb 2016.  All updates since then still need to be applied.

I am not aware of any VM image for 12.2.7.  This exercise is a good way to gain experience.

Regards,

Michael

• 10. Re: Install  EBS 12.2.0
                            Beauty_and_dBest

Thanks Michael,

You are lucky you are blessed with  "genius" brain level category.

Reading MOS notes really drain my brain.

That is why I got phobia opening it, especially applying lots of patches. Oracle now even complicates it with adop patching with fs1 and fs2.

Anyways I will try to read it over and over and over until I will get it done successfully.

Kind regards,

• 11. Re: Install  EBS 12.2.7
                              Beauty_and_dBest

Hi Michael,

Can you please make a blog on how to upgrade 12.1.3 to 12.2.7

Thank you very very very much!!!