3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2017 1:00 PM by FTisiot

Portal Page Navigation

User638087-Oracle

Hi All,

Our team is trying to implement the Portal page navigation function as per steps below..  But after executing the steps -  not able to see any functions listed on 'Invoke browser script'

https://www.rittmanmead.com/blog/2012/07/navigating-to-bi-content-in-obiee11g-and-passing-multiple-parameters/

Tried restarting but no use. Any additional steps to be performed ?  Using the OBIEE Version 11.1.1.9.0 (Build 150415.1247 64-bit)

We do understand Navigate to BI Content/web page are the available alternatives but for our requirement, getting this function working would suit the best.

Hence giving this a go. 

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Portal Page Navigation
          FTisiot

Hi,

I've seen sometimes multiple UserScript.js files in the $FMW_HOME, can you try locating and changing all the files?

In addiction sometimes browser cache deletion helps.

Thanks

Francesco

• 2. Re: Portal Page Navigation
            User638087-Oracle

Thanks for your reply Francesco, We were able to see obiee default functions initially but after clearing cache - even those are not visible now. 

We currently modified the below files.

/bi_domain/servers/bi_server1/tmp/_WL_user/analytics_11.1.1/7dezjl/war/res/b_mozilla/actions/UserScripts.js

/bi_domain/servers/bi_server1/tmp/_WL_user/analytics_11.1.1/7arqd/war/res/b_mozilla/actions/UserScripts.js

• 3. Re: Portal Page Navigation
              FTisiot

If you can't see the default functions I believe this means that the UserScript.js file is somehow corrupted.

My suggestion is to restore the original UserScripts.js and retry.

In case you are working from a Win platform into a Linux server, verify that you're not introducing special characters in the file that may corrupt it.

In this case I've see that copying from the website in a text editor (like Notepad++)  and then use vi command provides the best results