2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2017 8:42 AM by SH_INT

FDMEE Java API for steps in the data load process?

gburns

Is there a Java API for FDMEE that provides the same functionality that the VB API does for FDM Classic, concerning the data load process? I'm working on translating some VB event scripts to Jython and they are supposed to do the following:

1. Copy source data from one location to a second (two different target apps)

2. Change the POV to the second location

3. Validate the second location (using different dimensions and maps)

4. Change POV to the first location

5. Export first location

6. Change POV to the second location

7. Export second location

The problem I'm having is I can't seem to find anything that will allow me to change the POV or execute steps in the data load process. I looked for the corresponding classes in the VB.net API in Oracle's FDMEE admin guide, and although I found some of the classes I couldn't find any documentation or examples of how to perform these tasks. Below are some lines from the VB code that I would like to do with Jython. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Change POV:

API.POVMgr.PPOVLocation = strSecondLocation

Validate:

API.CalculationMgr.fRecalculate strSecondLocation, CStr(API.POVMgr.PPOVCategory), CStr(API.POVMgr.PPOVPeriod), CStr(API.POVMgr.PPOVPeriod), True, True

Pre-existing code before export/load steps:

Set BlOCKPROC = CreateObject("upsWBlockProcessorDM.clsBlockProcessor")

BlOCKPROC.Initialize API, SCRIPTENG

Export:

BlOCKPROC.ActExport strSecondLocation, objAS.PobjAPI.POVMgr.PPOVCategory, objAS.PobjAPI.POVMgr.PPOVPeriod, objAS.PobjAPI.POVMgr.PPOVPeriod, strFilename

Load:

BlOCKPROC.mInitializeLoadParamObject

BlOCKPROC.ActLoad strSecondLocation, objAS.PobjAPI.POVMgr.PPOVCategory, objAS.PobjAPI.POVMgr.PPOVPeriod, objAS.PobjAPI.POVMgr.PPOVPeriod, strFilename, BlOCKPROC.pobjLoadParameters

• 1. Re: FDMEE Java API for steps in the data load process?
          Francisco Amores

Hi,

Old FDM Classic API does not match 1-to-1 to new Jython API, not even the new VB API in FDMEE does.

Being said that, high level solution in FDMEE could be (you would probably know better than me why you want to follow that sequence)

1. Create an event script for Data Load Rule 1 to execute before loading data

- create a temp file to be imported by Data Load Rule 2 (if the source file for DLR1 is valid, then use that)

-  execute the Data Load Rule 2 with loaddata.bat using Import only (import will import and validate)

2. Create an event script for Data Load Rule 1 to execute after loading data

-  execute the Data Load Rule 2 with loaddata.bat using Export only

You can also do this with batch definitions and one script to set source data for data load rule 2

I hope that helps

• 2. Re: FDMEE Java API for steps in the data load process?
            SH_INT

The object model is completely different in FDMEE than classic so you are not going to be able to do a direct translation of your current process based on VB scripting into FDMEE using Jython. You will be better served thinking about the original requirement and how you can implement in FDMEE using its new constructs Data Load Rules etc rather than trying to just lift and shift FDM classic scripts which as you have found can be problematic.