1 2 3 Previous Next 33 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2018 10:23 AM by Chitrasai1-Oracle

Tell us how you came into oracle community?

Chitrasai1-Oracle

Hi all,

We are glad to have you with us.YOU all are part of our Oracle family !

Thank you for your contribution in making our community better .

We are curious to know more!

• Tell us when and how you got to know about Oracle developer community?
      • How long have you been with us?
      • How often you will visit Oracle community?
      • How community has helped you?
      • Which all spaces you are more interested in?
      • How can we make it better place for you ?

And also you can tell about  how did you choose your unique username in community?

• 1. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
          KayK

Hi Chitrasai,

according to my profile, I have been a member of Oracle Technet since June 2000. As an employee of a small company, I had to keep in touch with Oracle on behalf of our customers. This small company crashed in 2001 and I went to this client, my current employer. At that time we mainly used Oracle under OS/390 or z/OS. There was a small text-based forum in Oracle that I used. The OTN was already more advanced at that time, but it was too confusing for me. But the end of this text-based forum came sometime in 2008/2009 and Marianne -Oracle invited all participants to join the MOSC. I have been active there since May 2009. That was a small bunch of people and themes back then. Not at all to compare with the flood of postings and people in the OTN.

This is my oldest screenshot from this early period. I was so proud to appear in the top participants of a community at all. And especially between such great experts.

At the beginning of 2015, MOSC's accounts merged into OTN. Everything became bigger, faster and a little bit more confusing. But that's all right now, I feel very comfortable here.

I am logged in almost every working day to database, sql, pl/sql and loader. Every day there is something new to discover and learn among all these nice people.

At that time in the MOSC my first name was sufficient as username, in the OTN this was not possible anymore.

So that I added the first letter of my last name as a small homage to BobBeattie, the first guru of the MOSC, named BobB in these time.

regards
          Kay

• 2. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
            MikeR5150

Hi Chitrasal,

• Tell us when and...

I started with oracle tools back in 1999, I developed a little with oracle forms 2000 since Motorola was using it. I believe it was back then when I joined the oracle community but I wasn't too envolved.

• How long hav...

Since then I believe.

• How often you ...

I am a JDE developer since 2001, so, when Oracle acquired JDE I started getting more involve with the oracle support team and the Oracle community.

• How commu....

I searched the community's posts for solutions to several problems. When I started enrolling on the MOOCs is when I started making questions and meeting others members.

• Which all spaces....

Everything related to learn new development languages using eLearning is in my interest. 

• How can we m...

Nothing comes to my mind at this moment, but I let you know.

Regards.

Miguel Ramos

• 3. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
              AshishHCM

I joined Oracle Developer Community (known as MOSC at that time) on 10th November 2013. I stumbled upon this site while searching for a solution on Oracle HCM Cloud and a google search bought me here. Since then I haven't looked back.

Around 4+ years now staring from Nov 2013 till date

Daily (Multiple Times)

It helps to get insights of what others are doing, developing and also to share

Primarily HCM,EBS, SQL,PLSQL

If we can have people asking questions (which are complete with supporting details) it helps us to understand the problem and makes life simpler for others to answer. Also there could be some real life token of appreciation which could be shared (brings about a smile and gives the required motivation)

• 4. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                Chitrasai1-Oracle

Hi KayK

Thank you for letting us know more about how you arrived here . Good to know how oracle community evolved over years .

We are glad you will visit Oracle community everyday.

• 5. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                  KayK

and today is a holiday in Germany, but i have to work since 3 o'clock in the morning ;-(

• 6. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                    Allan Lee

Hi Chitrasai

I was looking for a place where I can ask questions and share knowledge for the Hospitality part.

Since June 2017

Almost everyday

Not yet, hopefully a Hospitality community will be created soon

The Hospitality section

Make the Hospitality Community available asap.

• 7. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                      Chitrasai1-Oracle

Oh that's sadKayK.We had holiday yesterday in India.

• 8. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                        Chitrasai1-Oracle

Hi AshishHCM

Thank you for letting us know how you came here.Happy to know you have not looked back after coming here.Its an honor for us.

Daily (Multiple Times)

Thank you so much for visiting us everyday.

If we can have people asking questions (which are complete with supporting details) it helps us to understand the problem and makes life simpler for others to answer. Also there could be some real life token of appreciation which could be shared (brings about a smile and gives the required motivation)

We will work on this to make it better.

• 9. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                          Chitrasai1-Oracle

Hi MikeR5150

Thank you for letting us know how you came here.Glad to know you are with us since a long time. You can also look into our another program which gives you more information and latest updates about technologies https://developer.oracle.com/

• 10. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                            Chitrasai1-Oracle

Hi @Allan Lee

Thank you for letting us know more about how you arrived here .

Not yet, hopefully a Hospitality community will be created soon

The Hospitality section

Make the Hospitality Community available asap.

We will make the Hospitality community available soon and let you know.

• 11. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                              Allan Lee

Thank you Chitrasai for taking the time to reply

• 12. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                                handat

Hi Chitra,

Funny enough, I had a public holiday yesterday as well. I first registered with OTN when the company I worked for was taken over by Oracle and my new manager asked me to join. Initially I was active in the now archived Java forums (not the ADF ones, but standard Java).  After that, I stayed away for a few years until about 2 years ago when I started to visit daily. The community helps me understand what technical problems people face with Oracle products which many of my new clients also face so I am better prepared for them. Currently, I frequent the Middleware spaces mostly, especially Identity and Weblogic. I also have an interest in the System and Database spaces as well, mainly where there is a focus on security. This place would be better if all the forum bugs were gone. I don't care so much about the eye candy, but more about the content of the discussions, so a working editor is important to me.

• 13. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                                  Chitrasai1-Oracle

Hi handat

Thank you for letting me know how you came to Oracle community.I agree with you editor issue  has to be taken care.We had many meetings with Jive about this  unfortunately did not find the resolution for this till now.We will try to find some workaround and update you.

• 14. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                                    Quanwen Zhao

Hello,Chitrasai-Oracle

Tell us when and how you got to know about Oracle developer community?

I clearly remembered that I had search a problem of Oracle DB in BAIDU(the best search engine in China).The first thing that comes into sight is the Oracle Community and the answer on this web platform is so accurate and very convictive on June 22 2017.

Since then,I have joined in Oracle Community and become a member of it and paied close attention to OTN.such as,

2.png

How long have you been with us?

Till now,It has lasted for about six months nearly.

How often you will visit Oracle community?

Almost every day,apart from creating an issue from Oracle DB for my doubt,I also have concerned in some problems I encountered with about using Oracle Community.I feel that I haven't left it on my working daily.

How community has helped you?

It has helped me quite a bit.

Which all spaces you are more interested in?

Currently,I'm more interested in General Database Discussions,Performance & Availability and Community Feedback(No Product Questions).

How can we make it better place for you ?

For ideas or issues what I have mentioned,you could improve it better.

Best Regards

Quanwen Zhao

1 2 3 Previous Next