2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2017 5:59 PM by 1842730

Database objects update

My dear friends,

I have a silly doubt that I dont't understand and I hope that you help me.

How can I know when a database object source code was updaded. I knoww that in table dba_objects exists several columns with this information but when I really know when the source code of a some procedure for instance was changed, becouse a simple compile command can updated this columns or am I wrong?

Help me to understand this.

Thanks

Regards.

• 1. Re: Database objects update
          VenkatMuthadi

Hi,

Whenever source code is changed, LAST_DDL_TIME  column will be changed in dba_objects views. This column LAST_DDL_TIME represents the last change of any object in database

Regards,

Venkat

• 2. Re: Database objects update

Hello Venkat,

How are you?

Thanks for replying.

See where my doubt comes from.

I had fourteen objects on column last_ddl_time with today´s date, so, I ran the package utl_recomp to compile all database objects. after compile is done, I found fourty two objects on column last_ddl_time with today´s date but the source code of this objects was not change, the source code is the same for all objects compiled.

I need to know the update date only the objects that really changed the source code.

Regards