2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2017 3:57 PM by Gary Graham-Oracle

"Find DB Object" not working when connected as proxy user

B.Delmée

It seems the "Find DB Object" is not working when connected as proxy user.

I do not have the credentials to the target schema myself but I have done a test with our dba, and finding objects when connected as the target schema works, whereas it fails when connected by proxy.

Specifically I was looking for some string in the texts of views (owned by yet another schema).

When using the proxy it seems even looking for column names fails (i imagine a simpler search than through XXX_VIEWS.TEXT)

Observed using 17.2 and 17.3 on Win7

• 1. Re: "Find DB Object" not working when connected as proxy user
          B.Delmée

(edit)

perhaps it was just me misundertsanding proxy connections

the problem only seems to occur when using the "advanced" tab to flag the connection as "proxy" (which i thought i had to do)

when simply defining a connection using proxy_user[target_user] as username (without ticking the proxy checkbox from the "advanced" dialog), searching actually works

i am pretty happy and can now search text through thousands of views in a cinch - neat!

just leaving the topic for now just in case someone feels like enlightening me on the advanced proxy options (the buil-in help does not really clarify it for me)

• 2. Re: "Find DB Object" not working when connected as proxy user
            Gary Graham-Oracle

No time to test it just now, but I see a possibly relevant bug that got fixed for 17.4 a couple days ago with this comment...

'find database object' not showing checkbox for schema when using db proxy users

- the 'current user' tracked in the Find DB Object tree should be the current session user.

1 person found this helpful