7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2017 6:27 AM by Christian Berg

OBIEE Publisher FTP Question

dileraco

Hello everybody,

In our company, we send an email (including daily report) in daily routines to all company staff. However, sending an email brings a huge network traffic, what we don't want :S So, we want to send this report via FTP, and only an send path information via email. How can I do this? I do not know where to start?

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Dilek

• 2. Re: OBIEE Publisher FTP Question
          dileraco

Hi,

I tried the steps written on the guide. However, I face the following error;

[INSTANCE_ID=prd-intrarapor-n128.1508356316425] [OUTPUT_ID=3324]

[INSTANCE_ID=prd-intrarapor-n128.1508356316425] [DELIVERY_ID=3302]Error deliver document to FTP::Exception happened when calling deliver API::Error deliver document to FTP::FILE=[::Exception happened when calling deliver API::oracle.xdo.delivery.DeliveryException: oracle.xdo.delivery.ssh2.SshException: File cannot be opened for writing.oracle.xdo.service.delivery.DeliveryException: oracle.xdo.delivery.DeliveryException: oracle.xdo.delivery.ssh2.SshException: File can

Why this is the case? I can connect FTP server via WİNSCP and when I test the connection, publisher successfully connect my ftp server. Do I make something wrong?

• 3. Re: OBIEE Publisher FTP Question
            Christian Berg

Are you sure it's the same accounts actually opening the connections and trying to access? Because if you use your account and then the service account tries to connect then you're cmparing apples and oranges.

1 person found this helpful
            • 4. Re: OBIEE Publisher FTP Question
              dileraco

I do not understand what you mean by 'the same accounts' :S When I try to telnet from OBIEE machine to FTP server, it successfully connects. However, document is not sent to FTP server.

Error details are;

[INSTANCE_ID=prd-intrarapor-n128.1508356316425] [OUTPUT_ID=3328]
              [INSTANCE_ID=prd-intrarapor-n128.1508356316425] [DELIVERY_ID=3306]Error deliver document to FTP::Exception happened when calling deliver API::Error deliver document to FTP::FILE=[::Exception happened when calling deliver API::oracle.xdo.delivery.DeliveryException: oracle.xdo.delivery.ssh2.SshException: Exception in authenticatingoracle.xdo.service.delivery.DeliveryException: oracle.xdo.delivery.DeliveryException: oracle.xdo.delivery.ssh2.SshException: Exception in au

• 5. Re: OBIEE Publisher FTP Question

Hi,

Hope your configuration in BIP Publihser, Manage BI Publisher, Delivery, FTP is successful. Did you check the option Use Passive Mode to true? If not please chek this option and try to see whether you are able to generate the files in the FTP location.

Best regards,

Rajesh Dhanapal.

• 6. Re: OBIEE Publisher FTP Question
                  dileraco

Hi, I solved this problem by using same USERNAME & PASSWORD for FTP setting and Report job setting. Then, it worked!

Thank you again.

• 7. Re: OBIEE Publisher FTP Question
                    Christian Berg

As I said...accounts :-P