5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2017 2:39 AM by Pavankumar Ch-Oracle

Security Certificate for UPK 12?

user2038981

My org recently upgraded from UPK 11 to 12. We previously used a self-signing certificate and attempted to use the same for 12. However, we can't get the clients to connect to the server and I'm wondering if the certificate is the problem? I alternatively receive errors about the certificate or that the library cannot be found on the server.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Security Certificate for UPK 12?
          Pavankumar Ch-Oracle

Can you add more details such as errors that you see while connecting to the library.

So, You must have added the certs to the site(IIS) where UPK library hosted, right?  Now, while connecting to the library location from client  e.g  https://<hostname>/ODSContent    it throws a error.  correct?

Attach the on screen error message .

• 2. Re: Security Certificate for UPK 12?
            user2038981

Yes - you are correct. I'm using the client and trying to connect to the UPK application server. I first receive a message about the certificate:

Cert.png

When I click 'Yes' and try to connect to the library anyway, I get the following message:

Library.png

We had upgraded the server from 11 to 12 and upgraded the oracle database in as well. I have confirmed that the application server can connect to the database server.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

• 3. Re: Security Certificate for UPK 12?
              Pavankumar Ch-Oracle

To convert the Developer server from non-SSL to SSL:

1. Install and run the Developer server on a non-SSL web site.

2. Log in to the Developer and create a Profile, using the HTTP bound web site URL for the Library Location.

3. Exit the Developer.

4. Apply the certificate and HTTPS bindings to the web site on which the Developer server is installed.

5. Navigate to the installation location and open the Repository.WCF\Public\web.config file in the editor of your choice.

6. Locate the XML value for the node configuration/system.serviceModel/bindings/basicHttpBinding/binding. There should only be one "name" attribute.

7. Locate the “security” key located within the key and change the "mode" attribute from “None” or "TransportCredentialOnly" to "Transport".

8. Save the changes and close the web.config file.

9. Navigate to the installation location and open the Repository.WCF\web.config file in the editor of your choice.

10. Locate the XML value for the node configuration/system.serviceModel/bindings/customBinding/binding/upkHttpsTransport. There should only be one node with this name.

11. Rename the node from upkHttpsTransport to httpsTransport.

12. Save the changes and close the web.config file.

13. Log in to the Developer using the Profile with the original non-SSL Library Location. If the HTTP binding has been removed from the site, you can open the Profile as Disconnected.

14. On the Tools menu, choose Profiles.

15. If you are in the profile that is on the affected web site, click Exit Profile, then select the profile to modify and click Edit.

16. In the Profile wizard, edit the Library Location URL to point to the new SSL location.

17. Log in to the Developer and verify it works.

• 4. Re: Security Certificate for UPK 12?
                user2038981

I am able to create a non-SSL connection on the Development Server and the test link works with an http address instead of https.

Hello-World.jpg

However, when I attempt to use the Developer (client) to connect to the Library, it cannot be found:

Library.jpg

This seems to be the overall problem. Even when I can get the test page to appear with HTTPS, I cannot connect to the Library.

Thank you.

• 5. Re: Security Certificate for UPK 12?
                  Pavankumar Ch-Oracle

Per above screenshot it seems you are having issue with http url as well to connect to the library..   Issue is not specific to SSL.

Are you sure that 'ODSContent' is the correct website to be connected for a library connection?  If yes,   Make sure on IIS,   'ODSContent' website name given at the time of installation, note that it is case sensitive.

Open a SR with Support to address this issue.  Attach  odDev log to the SR as well.  Location  e.g C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\UPDev8

Thankyou,

Pavan