3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2017 3:08 PM by USER1211

Attribute Dimensions in Planning

user640496

Hi,

I am working on Hyperion Planning Version 11.1.2.4. Have created 7 attribute dimensions and I would like to arrange these attribute dimensions starting from the least count members.
      I tried to arrange these dimension in the Essbase in the required order but when the Planning refresh happens, it comes to its original order.

Could you please throw some light on how to achieve this.

Thanks

Upendra.

• 1. Re: Attribute Dimensions in Planning
          USER1211

What is the purpose of you arranging them in any order? There are not standard dimension thus do not factor into your core aggregation time.

• 2. Re: Attribute Dimensions in Planning
            user640496

Thank you for the reply and even I thought so.

The development I am doing is related to Planning with the ASO Cube as an Essbase Application.

When I arranged the Attribute dimensions in the least to Dense member count, aggregation completed in 1 and Half hour ;

When I ran aggregation leaving the order as it is ( as the order refreshed by Planning) , aggregation took 12 hours to complete.

I tried this for more than 3 times and I achieved the similar results and hence the need to arrange these dimensions in a particular order. Is this achievable?

Thanks

Upendra.

• 3. Re: Attribute Dimensions in Planning
              USER1211

Attributes are not dense they are on sparse members...

There are several factors(e.g Cache level,server resources,outline order of standard dimension,number of members in dimensions) which impact consolidation hence you would want to investigate those.

If you believe you are 1000% certain that attribute is causing your issue then delete the attributes and and them back one at a time in the order you desire.