4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2017 11:43 AM by Gianni Ceresa

formula for OBIEE report

my report runs on the 20th of the month but I need it to pull the last months data how would that formula look like?

• 1. Re: formula for OBIEE report
          Chris Arnold

You haven't given much information here, but I'll do my best to help.

Say you are using a TRANSACTION_DATE to drive the date dimension in your report...

And assuming your report is running on the 20th of every month...

If that report were to run on November 20th, 2017, you could use the following filter on your report:

Where TRANSACTION_DATE = TIMESTAMPADD(SQL_TSI_MONTH, -1, current_date)

To explain a little more --

"TIMESTAMPADD(SQL_TSI_MONTH, -1, current_date)" will always return the date 1 month previous to today's date. So if run it on 11/20/2017, it will return 10/20/2017.

I hope this helps.

• 2. Re: formula for OBIEE report
            Thomas Dodds

Months:  4 weeks running?  30 days running?  last calendar month? last fiscal month?

• 3. Re: formula for OBIEE report
              SonPat99

It will be really nice if you can post an example of your requirement.

@Chris, As far as I understand, your solution will fetch the records for that particular date only.

Instead, we can extract the month and Year using TIMESTAMP function to get the previous month using the SYSDATE.

• 4. Re: formula for OBIEE report
                Gianni Ceresa

As the OP doesn't really formulate in question in a way to give him a unique answer, all the above are valid answers. It all depends on the granularity of the OP data and what model he adopted (even monthly figures can be attached to a single day which can be the first of the month, the last etc.).

Chris Arnold pointed the OP in the right direction on the function solving most of his problem, of course the OP now need to put some effort in thinking at how to use the TIMESTAMPADD function correctly for his needs.