2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2018 4:24 PM by rp0428

Oracle error in stand alone mode on 4.1.3

I'm using SQL developer 4.1.3  MAIN 20 for training and building my assignment project database on the app works okay when I connect remotely to University.

But fails when I try to use in a direct " stand-alone " mode on my PC  when attempting to create a new database via the Connection/New connection.

I get  an error stating that the network adapter connection as failed

Error appears when “Test” connection button is pressed

“Status: Failure :Test failed IO error : The Network Adapter could not establish the connection”

Using this platform in a stand-alone environment

The application works when remotely logged into Uni network, via “putty” remote login software proving that the network card works-using wireless communications to my router

I have viewed YouTube for help, the videos relate to either 4.1.1 or 11 or 12 g which are helpful but I don't have the network file under 4.1.3 that they relate to in earlier versions

In my file structure so I can't fix the issue which on the whole seems simple to fix, once I know where to locate  it and configure to work with my PC

Screenshot my current version and build working on a 64-bit PC

l also pinged my loopback address of 127.0.0.1  all tested okay

So any help will be much appreciated in helping me and anyone else who this problem and finally fixing it!