7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2018 8:40 PM by 3163372

Win10 Record It issues

I am testing UPK in the environment of Win10.  Record It is not capturing all the frames. Has anyone had this issue and if so how did you resolve it?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Win10 Record It issues
          Maryc -Oracle

Hello:

Please provide the following information:

1. Version of UPK.  Click on the Help menu.  Select About and scroll to the bottom of the window.

Confirm that you are running 12.1.0.3, (ESP3) which is the first version to support Windows 10.

2. Browser version using to Record?  Specific versions of IE and Firefox are supported for recording.   Chrome for content playback.

Thanks!

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Win10 Record It issues
            Pavankumar Ch-Oracle

As Mary mentioned, the first first that supports Win 10 is UPK 12.1.0.3 . 

But,  When you say "Record It is not capturing all the frames" ....is it not capturing certain screens which contains menu navigation/ Windows start menu   etc.   any pattern you noticed?

Thank you,

Pavan

• 3. Re: Win10 Record It issues

Hello Pavan,

There is no rhyme or reason, pattern, for the screen delay and capture.

Has this problem been reported before?

thank you

Darlene

• 4. Re: Win10 Record It issues

I have used both Microsoft Edge and Microsoft IE.

• 5. Re: Win10 Record It issues
                  Maryc -Oracle

Microsoft Edge is no longer supported for recording.  Recommendation is to use IE11 if using Internet Explorer.

With regards to the description, Record It!, is this the same Record It! that is installed as part of the UPK client installation.  Start > Programs > User Productivity Kit Client. There is an option for the Record It! client.  

If yes, I recommend recording the same steps once with in the UPK Developer Client and the second test with the Record It! client to compare the recordings.

• 6. Re: Win10 Record It issues

Thank you and yes the "Record It" feature was installed during the User Productivity Kit 12.1.0 Enablement Service Pack 2 [12.1.0.2],

User Productivity Kit 12.1.0 patch_26616825_13_v20,  User Productivity Kit 12.1.0 Enablement Service Pack 3 [12.1.0.3]

install.  I have no problem capturing frames using UPK but there is a major delay using the "Record It" application in IE.  

I am going to install only the "Record It" feature on a separate 2010 client to see if there is a difference.

All your help is appreciated.

Thank you

• 7. Re: Win10 Record It issues

User Productivity Kit 12.1.0 Enablement Service Pack 3 [12.1.0.3]

User Productivity Kit 12.1.0 patch_26616825_13_v20

Browser version using to Record is Internet Explorer 11 Version 11.0.9600.18860

Thank you