4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2008 3:04 PM by 623856 RSS

Hi All,
      I am using Oracle 10g on windows 2003 server... In my alter log file i am getting this error msg..
      ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocate 123404 bytes (QERHJ hash-joi,kllcqas:kllsltba)
      ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SNAPSHOT", line 2255
      ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SNAPSHOT", line 2461
      ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_IREFRESH", line 683
      ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_REFRESH", line 195
      ORA-06512: at line 1
      How to come up with this problem?
      Thanks in Advance ....
        • 1. Re: ORA-06512:
          Do you have anough memory on the system to accomodate the ones allocated to Oracle and processes? Check the the size of your inititalisation parameter SORT_AREA_SIZE. What is it set to?

If it is in Unix, use ('ulimit -a' ) to see if you have allocated enough memory limit for the user running Oracle
          • 2. Re: ORA-06512:
            Nigel C.L. Thomas

For 9i, 10g, this would be affected by PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET - rather than SORT_AREA_SIZE or HASH_AREA_SIZE.

ORA-04030 means you are (or rather Oracle is) hitting the O/S limit for private memory; how big is your SGA, what O/S are you on?

Regards Nigel
            • 3. ORA-06512: at "APPS.HR_SECURITY"
              I am creating a new concurrent process for Oracle Apps (RLM) and am getting these responses to a simple program. I have never seen them before and I am not working with the HR tables. Do you have any idea what I should look for?
              ORA-06512: at "APPS.HR_SECURITY", line 229
              ORA-06512: at "APPS.HR_SECURITY", line 360
              ORA-06512: at "APPS.HR_SECURITY", line 2241

Line 229 is a line in a Group By clause:
              229 trunc(lsch.START_DATE_TIME) ,
              Line 360 is the start of a new block:
              360 BEGIN

The code only goes to line 746 which makes be believe none of the line references are correct.

Do you have any idea what is going on? I am only selecting from RLM_SCHEDULE_HEADERS_ALL AND RLM_SCHEDULE_LINES_ALL in our development environment so this is Not a rights issue.
              • 4. Re: ORA-06512: at "APPS.HR_SECURITY" - resolved
                Never mind.

I found that the view of orgs_organization_definitions was not referenced properly. I needed to use apps.(table name). Error is gone.