4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2017 8:28 PM by Sgodavar-Oracle

How to add a icon next to column header in IR/IG?

Sgodavar-Oracle

I'm using APEX 5.1.1. I need to add a question mark icon next to column header text in Interactive report and Interactive grid. when the user clicks on the question mark a modal dialog window should pop-up with the help text. any ideas are appreciated, thanks.

• 1. Re: How to add a icon next to column header in IR/IG?
          fac586

Sgodavar-Oracle wrote:

I'm using APEX 5.1.1. I need to add a question mark icon next to column header text in Interactive report and Interactive grid. when the user clicks on the question mark a modal dialog window should pop-up with the help text. any ideas are appreciated, thanks.

IR and IG columns both have support for APEX help using the standard Help Text property, entering which will cause a help button to be included in the column header pop-up (but note that the two display the resulting information in annoyingly inconsistent ways). Is there some reason why this built-in feature is not suitable for your requirements?

• 2. Re: How to add a icon next to column header in IR/IG?
            Sgodavar-Oracle

thanks for the info. But, the user requirement may not be met with this approach. first thing, the user wants to have the help icon readily visible(without the user has to guess about the column header) and second the help text is like a legend with color coding and large text associated with each legend color to give an idea about what each legend status means. Basically, the user is expecting to be be in obvious place with a modal dialog to display a colorful legend with a bunch of text explaining what each status means. We don't to put it on region header and footer as it takes some real estate, the show/hide region also may not be very intutive as well, so thinking of adding a question icon next to column header and pop-up a window for details and also needs to be consistent for both IR and IG.

• 3. Re: How to add a icon next to column header in IR/IG?
              Buzis

for IR/IG column enter heading like :

heading_text <span class="fa fa-question-circle" aria-hidden="true" style="padding-left:10px;" onclick="showHelp(event,this)"></span> // this will call showHelp function

for a page define this function in Function and Global Variable Declaration:

function showHelp(e) {

e.stopPropagation();

openModal('help');

}

make a new region in position "Inline dialogs", type="Static content", template="Inline dialog" ,static ID = help

Add any items what you want on this region.

Tested works for IR/IG

• 4. Re: How to add a icon next to column header in IR/IG?
                Sgodavar-Oracle

Buzis - Thank you very much for your help, that's exactly what I'm looking for, worked like a charm