2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2017 2:13 PM by Laury

Shortcuts with APEX 5.1

Laury

Hi,

I am working with APEX 5.1.

I have some applications that have been upgraded from 4.x to 5.1.

These application may contain shortcuts.

Although shortcuts can still be used in an upgraded apllication to 5.1, I am unable to create a new one.

Does someone know if the creation of a shortcut is depreciated in 5.1?

From the Shared Components, it is no possible to see it, although the functionality for creating a shortcut still exists.

If not, can someone explain me how I can create a shortcut with APEX 5.1?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Kind Regards

• 1. Re: Shortcuts with APEX 5.1
          fac586

Laury wrote:

I am working with APEX 5.1.

I have some applications that have been upgraded from 4.x to 5.1.

These application may contain shortcuts.

Although shortcuts can still be used in an upgraded apllication to 5.1, I am unable to create a new one.

Does someone know if the creation of a shortcut is depreciated in 5.1?

Nothing has been depreciated (no tangible assets are involved) and Shortcuts are not among the features deprecated in APEX 5.0 and 5.1.

From the Shared Components, it is no possible to see it, although the functionality for creating a shortcut still exists.

The question is confusing as the two highlighted statements are contradictory. Please describe the steps required to recreate the problem, or (preferably) demonstrate it with an example on apex.oracle.com.

• 2. Re: Shortcuts with APEX 5.1
            Laury

Hi,

Thanks for the reaction.

I have found it.

It is only possible when using the Page Designer is enabled.

In order for shortcuts to be expanded in a static content region, select the region's Attributes node and set Output As to HTML and Expand Shortcuts to Yes.

It was not straightforward to find, and this option is not (at least I have not seen it) to be found on the former (that I like much more) Legacy Component View.

Kind Regards

1 person found this helpful