To run AutoPatch in test mode, include apply=no on the AutoPatch command line. This runs as if AutoPatch is applying the patch, except it does not. It performs the following
• Copies any files from the patch directory to the Oracle E-Business Suite file system
• Archives any object modules into the product libraries
• Relinks any executables
• Generates any forms, reports, PL/SQL libraries, or menu files
• Runs any SQL or EXEC commands (commands that change the database)
• Instantiates new configuration files
• Updates the patch information files
• Updates patch information and release version in the database
Hope this answers to your query.
It is the same that made me confused.
Will it perform the following actions or not?
I think you meant to write adpatch does not perform any of the action listed when apply=no is provided on the command line.
AutoPatch lists the actions it will take, but does not actually perform any of the actions.
In test mode, AutoPatch reads and validates the patch driver file, reads product file driver files, extracts object modules from product libraries (for version checking), performs version checking, and runs AutoConfig (in test mode). It does not, however, update the database or file system.