11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2017 1:37 PM by mprovenzale

17.3.1 package compile "show errors" not returning errors

mprovenzale

I am facing an issue with showing errors when compiling packages in sqldeveloper.

Despite having obvious errors in a package, sqldeveloper will return that the package was compiled successfully. Additionally, no messages are entered into the "Messages - Log" view "messages" tab.

After enabling debug (by adding "IncludeConfFile sqldeveloper-debug.conf" to sqldeveloper\bin\sqldeveloper.conf) I was able to get a bit more information about this.

In sqldeveloper 17.3.1.279 build 279.5037, when issuing the show error command, the following shows up in the statements log.

STATEMENTS LOG
      SEQUENCECONNECTIONNAMEELAPSEDSQLPARAMETERS
      37connectionname2select count(1) cnt from all_errors where owner = SYS_CONTEXT ('USERENV', 'CURRENT_SCHEMA')null
      36connectionname3select count(1) cnt from user_errorsnull

Looking at ALL_ERRORS, the errors for the package compile in question are under a different owner than my current user. This is causing sqldeveloper to return "package compiled."

In versions prior to 17.3.0 (I am testing with 17.2.0.188 build 188.1159), it appears a list of parameters is used when issuing "show errors."

STATEMENTS LOG
      SEQUENCECONNECTION NAMEELAPSEDSQLPARAMETERS
      42connectionname2select count(1) cnt from all_errors where owner = SYS_CONTEXT ('USERENV', 'CURRENT_SCHEMA')null
      41connectionname3 SELECT LINE, POSITION, REPLACE(TEXT, CHR(10), ' '), attribute FROM SYS.ALL_ERRORS A WHERE A.NAME = :NAME AND A.TYPE = :TYPE AND A.OWNER = :OWNER ORDER BY ATTRIBUTE, LINE, POSITION -- errors first "OWNER"="BATCH", "TYPE"="PACKAGE BODY", "NAME"="WSGK_CURRIC_WF"
      39connectionname2select count(1) cnt from all_errors where owner = SYS_CONTEXT ('USERENV', 'CURRENT_SCHEMA')null
      38connectionname3 SELECT LINE, POSITION, REPLACE(TEXT, CHR(10), ' '), attribute FROM SYS.ALL_ERRORS A WHERE A.NAME = :NAME AND A.TYPE = :TYPE AND A.OWNER = :OWNER ORDER BY ATTRIBUTE, LINE, POSITION -- errors first "OWNER"="BATCH", "TYPE"="PACKAGE", "NAME"="WSGK_CURRIC_WF"

Since our institution compiles packages under a standard user that is not the current session user, this is a problem. Is there some sort of setting or conf file I can edit to restore this functionality to 17.3.1?