3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2017 7:59 PM by fac586

Apex edit the heading in the Blue menu bar. Remove Apex_public_use

Aj09

Hello Experts,

New to APEX. Using Application Express 5.1.2.00.09.

I have created 10 application. Using the "Edit Application Properties" I am entering the name of the application and its Alias. Lets say the application name is "Company Reports" as shown in the image below.

ApplicationChanges.JPG

I don't have a home page. I have pages in each application which are accessed by their respective URLs with parameters. The authentication is removed.

So now the question? No matter which application page is opened with its respective URL, its Application name doesn't show, rather show the name of my first application. In the example below it should show "Company Reports" rather is shows "Facility Reports". No matter which application page I open the title in the Blue menu bar is the same.

ApexHeader.JPG

The next question is the apex_public_user that is on the right hand top corner. Since there is not authentication I would like to remove it. But couldn't have a place to remove it. A javascript developer suggested to add the following scrip to execute on page load. But I was hoping for a APEX solution to both the problems.

(function removeHeaderLogosAndFooter(){

$(".userBlock").hide();

$("#uFooter").hide();

})();

Thank you

Aj

• 1. Re: Apex edit the heading in the Blue menu bar. Remove Apex_public_use
          fac586

Aj09 wrote:

New to APEX. Using Application Express 5.1.2.00.09.

I have created 10 application. Using the "Edit Application Properties" I am entering the name of the application and its Alias. Lets say the application name is "Company Reports" as shown in the image below.

ApplicationChanges.JPG

I don't have a home page. I have pages in each application which are accessed by their respective URLs with parameters. The authentication is removed.

So now the question? No matter which application page is opened with its respective URL, its Application name doesn't show, rather show the name of my first application. In the example below it should show "Company Reports" rather is shows "Facility Reports". No matter which application page I open the title in the Blue menu bar is the same.

ApexHeader.JPG

Change the Logo text for each application as well as the application name.

The next question is the apex_public_user that is on the right hand top corner. Since there is not authentication I would like to remove it. But couldn't have a place to remove it. A javascript developer suggested to add the following scrip to execute on page load. But I was hoping for a APEX solution to both the problems.

(function removeHeaderLogosAndFooter(){

$(".userBlock").hide();

$("#uFooter").hide();

})();

1. Don’t listen to JavaScript developers.

2. Navigate to each application's User Interface properties (Application > Shared Components > User Interface Attributes)

3. Click the edit icon for the Desktop user interface.

4. Change the UI Navigation Bar Implementation setting to Classic.

5. Ensure that no default navigation bar entries are defined (Application > Shared Components > User Interface Attributes > Classic Navigation Bar Entries)

• 2. Re: Apex edit the heading in the Blue menu bar. Remove Apex_public_use
            Aj09

Hi Fac586, You are spot on accurate with changing the Application name in the navigation bar. Thank you

However I followed your steps for removing the apex_public_user and as you can see the Navigation is CLASSIC

Nav_Classic.JPG

And also there is not entry in Classic Navigation Bar Entries, so not sure from where I am getting the apex_public_user on the right hand top corner.

ClassicNavEntiry.JPG

Kindly let me know

Aj

• 3. Re: Apex edit the heading in the Blue menu bar. Remove Apex_public_use
              fac586

Aj09 wrote:

Hi Fac586, You are spot on accurate with changing the Application name in the navigation bar. Thank you

However I followed your steps for removing the apex_public_user and as you can see the Navigation is CLASSIC

And also there is not entry in Classic Navigation Bar Entries, so not sure from where I am getting the apex_public_user on the right hand top corner.

On closer inspection I see that you are using a legacy theme that has the username hard-wired into the page template. For this and other reasons switching to the Universal Theme is recommended.