8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2017 6:31 PM by jgarry

2017 Real World Token?

Lisandro Fernigrini

I was wondering if this year there was also a "Real World Token" for users that reached the Expert or guru level, as it happened in 2016.

I'm not an expert yet, but it would be great if from time to time Oracle takes into account those users that get involved in the community, besides the stuff that may be available on OOW but is almost unreachable for those that cannot afford to participate in those kind of events.

• 1. Re: 2017 Real World Token?
          handat

Do you mean 2018 as 2017 is almost over and there was a round of tokens being send to people already. Even though I qualified and was told to expect something, I never actually received anything so I am not that enthusiastic about it anymore after having patiently waited for months and not gotten anything. Don't get your hopes up.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: 2017 Real World Token?
            Dude!

I hope Oracle stopped it. I considered the cheap paper sticker almost an insult. The guru letter about "walking the extra mile" is nothing I can use and the cap messes with my hair style. Well, I hoped for a coffee mug, or something similar. I think it's not about not being thankful and appreciate the effort, but a "real world" token in my opinion is something I can use and not something I have to hide. It was much ado about nothing, if that's the right English expression.

I very well remember when it arrived though, shortly before Christmas, 2 years ago. I still have the box - apparently it took DHL Express 3,5 month to deliver a small parcel from the US to Central Europe.

• 3. Re: 2017 Real World Token?
              handat

I don't mind a coffee mug, but not having received the cap is almost ironic. I have a cap from about every major tech company in my display cabinet except Oracle

• 4. Re: 2017 Real World Token?
                KayK

Dude! wrote:

It was much ado about nothing, if that's the right English expression.

It's Shakespeare, it must be right.

• 5. Re: 2017 Real World Token?
                  Christina Brashear-Oracle

Thanks for asking!

As you're all aware, there have been quite a few changes in community over the past year. We definitely want to continue to recognize your accomplishments and achievements, and to that end, we are working on revamping the rewards program.

Looking forward to reading more of your feedback!

-Christina

• 6. Re: 2017 Real World Token?
                    Dude!

In retrospect I think mentioning export restrictions was not a good idea. It does not apply. People get all sorts of ideas and are likely going to be disappointed. I think it might be better to let people know what to expect. Perhaps give people something to choose between.

• 7. Re: 2017 Real World Token?
                      Lisandro Fernigrini

Thanks for your answer!

I'm pretty new to the forums, I've been participating for 3-4 months, and found a previous thread about lest year tokens, and that sounded like a nice way to recognize people participating in the forum.

Let's wait and see the revamping of the rewards program.

Regards,

Lisandro

• 8. Re: 2017 Real World Token?
                        jgarry

If I had .00000305 bitcoin for every mail from oracle-replies.com...